One Year and 95lbs Down!

Options
My "before" picture was taken during a family get together on Thanksgiving of 2011. Earlier that morning, I weighed in at my heaviest - 300.3 lbs. I remember thinking I couldn't believe I finally tipped over into the 300s. Not only that, but I couldn't find anything to wear because everything was too tight. I was in tears and just absolutely hated myself. I told myself something had to change!!! Later that night, a family member posted this photo and tagged me on Facebook. I honestly couldn't believe it. Had I really gotten THAT big?! I mean, I've always been heavy... but... I don't know... I just didn't think I looked like THAT. Talk about a wake up call! That's when the little light bulb above my head lit up... and it all just clicked.

oneyear.jpg

After a false start in December, I started making small life changes on January 1st, 2012. Signed up for MFP which is honestly one of the best things I have ever done for myself. Started weighing and measuring my food, counting calories and gradually decreasing the junk and increasing the good! Even turned my daily walking on the treadmill into running thanks to the Couch to 5k program (which I actually completed)! And thanks to my Withings Wi-Fi Body Scale and Fitbit Ultra, I was (and am) able to keep track of my progress!

withings.jpg

During the past year, I've lost 95 lbs and over 43.5 inches! I still have a good bit to go... but I'm getting there! I'm hoping by this time next year, I will be healthy, fit and maintaining! I know first hand how important support is! I've been blessed with some truly great MFP friends! If you'd like a new friend, feel free to add me! :-)

Replies

• Cynduck
    Cynduck Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! You look amazing and are such an inspiration. Great job,
  • kfdowley
    kfdowley Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is just amazing!!!!
  • yayagirl2
    yayagirl2 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Fabulous! Hard work pays off.. keep up the good work!
  • ravenchick
    ravenchick Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look wonderful. Keep up the good work.
  • a778c466
    a778c466 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    That is awesome you are doing an amazing job!
  • hotsashno1
    hotsashno1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Wow that is really inspiring, keep up the good work
  • BadAzzBea
    BadAzzBea Posts: 461
    Options
    you look amazing! thank you for sharing!
  • GetHotIn2014
    GetHotIn2014 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Congrats on working your way down! You look great! Keep it up! This inspires me.
  • Ladybugiau8
    Ladybugiau8 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Great job! You are looking wonderful! I bet it feels great too!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    OMGoodness, you look great!!!!! Congrats on your success!
  • cynnie731
    Options
    you look great! Congrats on your weight loss :)
  • Shivpea
    Shivpea Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Wow you look fantastic!! That is seriously inspiring!! Well done!
  • melanielee1986
    melanielee1986 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I can 100% understand how you felt, I'm there now. But, looking at your progress has definitely motivated me. Thank you SO much for sharing your story with us. You're beautiful both before and after. :)
  • pangy1958
    pangy1958 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    You look absolutley wonderful. Well done you. Keep going, a true inspiration.
  • Allison22451
    Allison22451 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    WOWZERS!
  • llmcconnell
    llmcconnell Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful, congrats on all your hard work :)
  • Gabstergetsfit
    Gabstergetsfit Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!! It is great to know that "REAL" people can loose weight without surgeries and tricks. THANK YOU FOR THE INSPIRATION!!!!
  • Berlygirl10
    Options
    You look fantastic! thanks for sharing your photos! Keep it up!!!!
  • teaspoon43
    teaspoon43 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting... nice to know I'm not the only one who thinks I'm smaller than I actually am - although now, you ARE! CONGRATS girl!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!