shoulders work outs

Options
any good excercises for shoulders. i have good shoulders but i would like to round them out for more definition

Replies

• haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I will post a few for you tomorrow night :)
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    overhead press
  • BellaFe
    BellaFe Posts: 323
    Options
    overhead press

THIS
  • MissJenova
    Options
    A friend of mine has her Pro card and actually posted a brief youtube video with her should routine. It's simple, short, and to the point. I've tried it and it worked my shoulders pretty well!

Her name is Tabitha and her handle is Tabifit.

Here's the link!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iktr_Ah8JQw&list=UUvXt3dyH_9tq1OcCRNDNqzw&index=3
  • AverageUkDude
    AverageUkDude Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Arnold press...
  • Boobookittyfq
    Boobookittyfq Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Arnold press...

This for sure!
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    strict overhead press
    pendlay rows
  • Boobookittyfq
    Boobookittyfq Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Check out BodyBuilding.com they have great workouts and videos for proper form.
  • olsondre
    olsondre Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    clean and press
  • _reno_
    _reno_ Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have found the deep swimmers press to be good for "shaping' the shoulder
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/543075-what-is-a-swimmers-press/

Overhead press, arnold press, Y press are all going to hit slightly different parts of the shoulder.

Clean and press will work a whole bunch of muscles in roughly the same amount of time
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    shoulder press, arnold dumbell press, kettlebell exercise, cable pulls, rear deltoid rotation
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Now we're talking about definition and appearance and not strength. Using Shoulder Press and Barbell Rows is good for establishing a base but unfortunately you're probably gonna need some isolation work to really hit the deltoids directly for improved definition.

One thing you can try is:

A1 - Front Raise x 10-12 reps
    A2 - Lateral Raise x 10-12 reps
    A3 - Shoulder Press x 8-12 reps

Really control the eccentric motion on each exercises. That's one circuit, repeat 4 times. Then you'll want to put some high-rep (like 15-20 reps) of a rear deltoid movement like Face Pulls or Rear Delt swings. Look-up John Meadows on YouTube or Mountain-Dog Diet.Com, as I remember him posting some good shoulder work routines.
  • ashquin
    ashquin Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    strength is always nice also. this is great thanks i will try it on thursday (shoulders day)
    Now we're talking about definition and appearance and not strength. Using Shoulder Press and Barbell Rows is good for establishing a base but unfortunately you're probably gonna need some isolation work to really hit the deltoids directly for improved definition.

Really control the eccentric motion on each exercises. That's one circuit, repeat 4 times. Then you'll want to put some high-rep (like 15-20 reps) of a rear deltoid movement like Face Pulls or Rear Delt swings. Look-up John Meadows on YouTube or Mountain-Dog Diet.Com, as I remember him posting some good shoulder work routines.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    YWTL
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    strength is always nice also. this is great thanks i will try it on thursday (shoulders day)

I agree that strength is nice and is really important for building muscle but when you're training for appearance you have to approach it a little different.