I DONT LIKE WATER

Options

Replies

• MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I tried a water the other day called Sparkling Ice. It is natrually flavored sparkling water and contains 3% fruit juice. It has no fat, no carbs, no calories, but it does have vitamins D, B3, B6, B12 and B5. It contains green tea extract. Really, this stuff is GREAT! I and my teenage girls like it a lot.
  • gonzo2802
    Options
    lol im assuming ur last name is gonzales too!! best screen name ever! and thanks i think ur friend hit my water problem right on the nose

Actually, no. Gonzo is my dog's name. I was going through a Muppet phase when I named him. lol
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but you need to man up! Water is the ultimate part of nutrition.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    :grumble: ... sounds silly but i feel like im the only person in the whole wide world who doesnt have a taste for water..i know its necessary to live but i get by with as little as possible!! trying desperatly to change that i know i cant be healthy and lose the weight i need to without it.. ive tried lemmon n everything i just cant drink it down without a fight!!!!

NEITHER DO I IT IS THE DEVIL'S WORK. I just drink sugar free cordial (squash), I figure it is better than completely dehydrating myself which is what I will do by choice. Do you like green or fruit teas?
  • cwggraham
    Options
    My sentiments exactly. I use lemons in water or Mio. We now have a jug of a mixture of lemons, cucumbers, mint and ginger in the fridge. Herbal teas also mix well with water.
  • xNickie
    xNickie Posts: 49
    Options
    Flavoured water, diluted juice, they're both great :smile:
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I don' t like water either. I have to force myself to drink it. I can manage some but prefer it with sugar free flavor packets.
  • olDave
    olDave Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    8 Glasses of water a day???? I've been searching for years and still haven't found credible studies that convince me we need so much water. Coffee has worked for me for almost 40 years.
  • gonzo0612
    Options
    NEITHER DO I IT IS THE DEVIL'S WORK. I just drink sugar free cordial (squash), I figure it is better than completely dehydrating myself which is what I will do by choice. Do you like green or fruit teas?

[/quote] bahahaha "the devils work" thats how i feel! well put! :laugh: and im a green tea drinker by choice but ill settle for any tea as long as its not too dark
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I hear you, but trust me, once you get going drinking a proper amount each day you will learn to crave it. Also try around with different temperatures (ice cold with ice cubes, or room temp, or warm with a little lemon squeezed in) and try from different sources, maybe you prefer filtered water from a brita, or maybe one of the bottled types is more for you. Trust me, once you get going with 8 glasses a day, if you miss a couple glasses, you'll crave it!!

Also, not all liquids are equal, some (like coffee) will actually work to dehydrate you, and sugar drinks or things with artificial sweetners are bad for you in other ways!!

This is true, I pretty much only drink water now.
  • gonzo0612
    Options
    lol im assuming ur last name is gonzales too!! best screen name ever! and thanks i think ur friend hit my water problem right on the nose

Actually, no. Gonzo is my dog's name. I was going through a Muppet phase when I named him. lol
    tee hee either way its still a great name u have good taste lol
  • Mlkmaid
    Mlkmaid Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Force yourself. If you have lousy tasting water where you live, drink bottled. I used to never drink water years ago and it was the best change I've made for my health other than taking up running. Your system runs better, your skin looks better, and it will help you eat less. I took me a while to figure out that I was often reaching for food when my body was just saying it was thirsty. I drink 2 liters a day.
  • gonzo0612
    Options
    Force yourself. If you have lousy tasting water where you live, drink bottled. I used to never drink water years ago and it was the best change I've made for my health other than taking up running. Your system runs better, your skin looks better, and it will help you eat less. I took me a while to figure out that I was often reaching for food when my body was just saying it was thirsty. I drink 2 liters a day.
    the reaching for food when my body is just thirsty!! that makes alot of sense totally applies to me n my habits THANKS
  • KenosFeoh
    KenosFeoh Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I understand; I didn't enjoy drinking water in the past, either. Then I decided to put on my big girl panties and drink it, like it or not. It's kind of essential.

My daughter's boyfriend doesn't drink much water, but he drinks coffee all day. He seems to be adequately hydrated, so maybe you can get away with something like that. It doesn't seem right to me, though.
  • Allison22451
    Allison22451 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Me<--- water hater too.
    people say " it tastes like nothing. how can you hate water?".
    i suspect that precisely why. maybe if water tasted more like diet coke id love it. =)

that said, i know the importance of water.
    i do drink it.
    but i find myself having to muscle it down like its "medicine".

today i drank 10 glasses.
    *pats self on the back*
  • Nmthor
    Nmthor Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I drink seltzer water that's flavored. No calories, no sugar, no artificial anything.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    bahahaha "the devils work" thats how i feel! well put! :laugh: and im a green tea drinker by choice but ill settle for any tea as long as its not too dark

Just drink green tea if you prefer it. I forgot to say I discovered the thing I hate most about water (UK mains) is the taste right out of the tap, I don't hate it as much when it's been sat in a glass. It tastes ... metallic maybe?
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Try drinking really cold ice water at first or try drinking it during a workout. You'll be thirsty and appreciate it more.

I drink the great value version of Crystal light cherry limeaid. (Not because its cheaper but because ti actually tastes better). Its super sweet, 5 calories and I don't notice the aftertaste like I do with the name brand stuff. The fruit punch and cherry isn't bad. The strawberry flavor burns my throat and I don't like it.
  • SuzieQ724
    SuzieQ724 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I hear you, but trust me, once you get going drinking a proper amount each day you will learn to crave it. Also try around with different temperatures (ice cold with ice cubes, or room temp, or warm with a little lemon squeezed in) and try from different sources, maybe you prefer filtered water from a brita, or maybe one of the bottled types is more for you. Trust me, once you get going with 8 glasses a day, if you miss a couple glasses, you'll crave it!!

Also, not all liquids are equal, some (like coffee) will actually work to dehydrate you, and sugar drinks or things with artificial sweetners are bad for you in other ways!!

True that. I got on the water train years ago and that's just about all I drink now. I have developed a taste for it and do not like soft drinks and fruit juices much. It took some time to make the switch, but over time I only wanted water.

Also, I start every morning with 16 to 24 ounces of water. I drink that before I have breakfast or anything else. Helps to get me going :drinker:
  • stbs1234
    Options
    Water is for washing not for drinking. That 8-8oz glasses of water a day was actually stated as 64 oz of fluid per day AND includes water you get from all sources including food. Too much water will flush nutrients you need your body can use them.