Who Uses An Old School Scale???

Options
Hi, I just bough a $10 scale because I didn't wanna spend like $50 on a digital one. So do you guys think that those old school scales are accurate or what? I guess they are called a dial scale - not sure. (You have to make sure each time that the dial is set right on the ZERO.

I just hope it's accurate and doesn't eff up my mind. lol.

Replies

• RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    My doctor uses an analog scale for patients.Im thinking about ditching my digital one
  • janehlansing
    Options
    i used to use a digital scale but it is fickle. It makes me feel bad when i get on it and it says "err" The other one doesn't give me that mean feedback.

Jane
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    i own two and there is a 2 kilo difference between them both:? i set them both at zero on level ground but still read 2 kilo difference. im looking into a digi pair.
  • simpsona5
    Options
    I went digital because I wanted to get a accurate reading each time. My old scales were only as good as my eye sight!!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I use an analog scale. As long as you use the same scale every time you weigh and use it on a hard surface, you'll be fine.
  • ctgirlscout
    ctgirlscout Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I use an old one that I've had for years...it works just fine.
  • CarlieeBear
    CarlieeBear Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself at the gym on a scale that has the movable weights like Dr's and schools used to use. It's been within a couple of pounds of my Dr's scale and I can zero it out before weighing. It's easy to read and doesn't fluctuate while I'm standing on it. There's a dial scale at the gym I use near my bf's and I hate it. The needle bounces while I'm on it and if I stand in the middle, it's about 10 lbs lower than my doc's and the one at the gym near my place.
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    BarbaraCarr1981 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I hate ur reply CarlieeBear! It makes me think that my scale is totally being nice by saying im 149lbs BUT really Im 10lbs more because dial scales SUCK and go all over the place. I PRAY to God that this is not the case and that I really am 149lbs and ONLY have 9 more lbs, to lose. Please God Please God Please God Please God. Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!