I teared up in Dress Barn...

Options
I teared up in Dress Barn today, twice. First, I shopped on the Misses side, not the Women's (Plus) side. Then, I actually FIT in the Misses clothing. Not a size 16, not a size 14, but a size TWELVE. I have not been a size twelve since my freshman year of college...or perhaps high school. AMAZING.

I am 5'6", and started at a whopping 246.5lbs. August 1, 2012 I was a size 20W/Plus. I went from a size 20W, to 18W, to 16W, to 14W, to 12. 14W is equivalent to about a 16 in Misses. There are 14 Misses sizes, too. So I've lost FIVE PANT SIZES since I started in August, along with about 27.5lbs, one bra cup size, and two shirt sizes.

I am still 219lbs, and I have almost 70lbs left to lose. My journey is not over, and I have a lot of work ahead of me.

But man...do I feel GOOD!!!

Size12Jeans2_zps7e1423cc.jpg

Replies

• Ronij59
    Ronij59 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    SO SO SO Happy for you. What a wonderful feeling! GREAT NSV!
  • junebaby21
    junebaby21 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    So proud of you!!! That is really incredible!!!
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Great job! Love happy tears!!
  • Mommy4812
    Mommy4812 Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    That is great!
  • CloverCreeper
    CloverCreeper Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • huge2fan2
    huge2fan2 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • my1focus
    my1focus Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    such a great feeling for you!!
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Awesome! This gives me hope!
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I am incredibly happy for you!!! Two high fives! :bigsmile:
  • Berlygirl10
    Options
    way to go!! Im sure you feel like a million bucks!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    That is fabulous!! I can't wait until I can wear a smaller size - I still have a LONG way to go so it's great to hear these stories!
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful! That is defintely a good feeling. Keep up the good work :)
  • DMV_Spicegirl
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Berly, I must add that I very much like your scale photo. Go Seahawks!
  • fitnessyeoja
    fitnessyeoja Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Happy for you! Wonderful news!
  • niftyafterfifty
    niftyafterfifty Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Congratulations; that's wonderful!
  • vickidiane13
    vickidiane13 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I LOVE to hear that! I work for Dressbarn and it makes our day when women come in and are so happy when they have set a goal and made it to the misses side of the store. It inspires us to see women achieve their goals and see their dreams become reality. I have been exactly where you were, I was a size 20 three years ago and now a size 12. I still have a ways to go but it feels great to be going in the right direction. I have to say, it is wonderful to go to work and hear stories like yours and many others every day. It took me a while to realize, I don't just work in a clothing store, I help women feel beautiful!
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Great job! Truly an inspiration.

Trust me, when I get to do that I'll be dancing around the store and giggling like a mad woman!
  • bunny1006
    bunny1006 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I teared up in Dress Barn today, twice. First, I shopped on the Misses side, not the Women's (Plus) side. Then, I actually FIT in the Misses clothing. Not a size 16, not a size 14, but a size TWELVE. I have not been a size twelve since my freshman year of college...or perhaps high school. AMAZING.

I am 5'6", and started at a whopping 246.5lbs. August 1, 2012 I was a size 20W/Plus. I went from a size 20W, to 18W, to 16W, to 14W, to 12. 14W is equivalent to about a 16 in Misses. There are 14 Misses sizes, too. So I've lost FIVE PANT SIZES since I started in August, along with about 27.5lbs, one bra cup size, and two shirt sizes.

I am still 219lbs, and I have almost 70lbs left to lose. My journey is not over, and I have a lot of work ahead of me.

But man...do I feel GOOD!!!

Congratulations!!!!!! Do a dance/sing a song in celebration! Think James Brown! :-)

Size12Jeans2_zps7e1423cc.jpg
  • nikkiprickett
    nikkiprickett Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!