Just found Sriracha ...

Options
msbunnie68
msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
I have FINALLY located a store that sells sriracha so now what to do with it...

I used it as a dipping sauce for my vietnamese beef rice paper rolls today ...oooooh yummmo... now I would like some other ideas to use it in cooking rather than just as a sauce on everything I will eat from now to eternity.

Replies

• Rosie5230
    Rosie5230 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I found sriracha like a year ago and i put that ish on everything!

Pizza, spaghetti, eggs, ramen (when i did eat it), etc. etc......havent found a recipe for it so I cannot help you there... but just wanted to share the sriracha love.
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Oooo, I love Siracha.

What I do is buy frozen chicken breasts - then just put them in a glass pan and squirt a layer of siracha over them and cook.

It adds a terrific flavor to the chicken, even if you scrape it off after they are cooked.

This is good by itself - and if you need the chicken for anything else - it adds a nice zing.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Put it on everything...

Seriously though, eggs, pizza, spaghetti mixed in tomato sauce...it's good on everything

A friend on here told me about mixing it with plain Greek yogurt as a sandwich spread and it's amazing
  • ashprather
    ashprather Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    congrats on finding the best hot sauce, ever! :tongue: hehe!
    i love to put it in soups, quesadillas, on sushi, eggs, chicken....

we actually got my brother "the sriracha cookbook" for christmas, it had sooo many yummy recipes!
  • StarryOne
    StarryOne Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I love it. You can add it to almost anything- as others have said: pizza, eggs, stir-fries, soups, stews, on sandwiches- be creative!
  • ashprather
    ashprather Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Put it on everything...

Seriously though, eggs, pizza, spaghetti mixed in tomato sauce...it's good on everything

A friend on here told me about mixing it with plain Greek yogurt as a sandwich spread and it's amazing

omg that sandwich spread sounds delightful! :love:
  • Emma_Problema
    Emma_Problema Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above posters. Put it on EVERYTHING!

In fact, today I had some mixed in with my mac n' cheese today. My roommates watched me squirt it in and gave me "WTF!!!!" face and told me "that's too much. what are you doing?". NO! IT WAS PERFECT AND DELICIOUS!
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    congrats on finding the best hot sauce, ever! :tongue: hehe!
    i love to put it in soups, quesadillas, on sushi, eggs, chicken....

we actually got my brother "the sriracha cookbook" for christmas, it had sooo many yummy recipes!

there's a cookbook????

googling.... :D

editing to add: tabasco is now a poor cousin in comparison.
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above posters. Put it on EVERYTHING! In fact, today I had some mixed in with my mac n' cheese today. My roommates watched me squirt it in and gave me "WTF!!!!" face and told me "that's too much. what are you doing?". NO! IT WAS PERFECT AND DELICIOUS!

That's about the face I would have given you, Emma (but then again, I don't like siracha at all. To each her own when it comes to food).

You do remind me of someone I know. When we went out to a nearby burger place, he would put Tabasco sauce in his ketchup. I thought he was bonkers. He doesn't enjoy this anymore, though (he has gastritis now).
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    You've pretty much been introduced to crack,

I really enjoy putting mine in the fridge.

I think it gives it a better flavor.

Put the **** on eggs. It's amazing. And on Popcorn. And in Stir Fries!
  • takehimaway
    takehimaway Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Everything - salad, pizza, mac and cheese, pasta, bread, grilled cheese, burgers, with lite ranch to make fry sauce, with tuna..
  • xxvogue
    xxvogue Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Cookies.

Okay, maybe not if you're trying to lose weight, but there's a seriously good chocolate srirachia cookie recipe floating around on the internet..

http://www.olivesfordinner.com/2012/01/chocolate-sriracha-shortbread-cookies.html

My roommates and I thought they were unique and delicious!
  • psychic_atrophy
    Options
    Sriracha goes on everything in my house. I don't know what I even did with my life before Sriracha. I constantly find myself thinking and saying "this would be so much better with Sriracha" or "this needs Sriracha". For people that can't get it because of location or whatever, you are seriously not living a full life. My condolences.
  • jess393
    jess393 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    ohhhh sriracha.. How I love thee! I put it on just about everything, also. I don't eat a ton of ketchup, but when I do, I mix sriracha in with it. Wonderful with everything :)
  • beautsarah
    beautsarah Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    You've pretty much been introduced to crack,

I really enjoy putting mine in the fridge.

I think it gives it a better flavor.

Put the **** on eggs. It's amazing. And on Popcorn. And in Stir Fries!

HAHAHA it is crack!!!! I agree it's better when it's been in the fridge. Like everyone else has said it's good on everything: chicken, fish, stir fry, eggs, etc. Your food will be a little better now.
  • appelsiinipuu
    appelsiinipuu Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    25 ways to use it:
    http://www.bonappetit.com/recipes/slideshows/2011/06/sriracha-recipes-slideshow#slide=1

and I have never even tried it! eeeek! I'd better go shopping tomorrow. :)
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Another addict here! I also put it on pretty much everything. LOVE the stuff. My friends and I all have quite the affinity for it. I even travel with a tiny container of it when I am backpacking and stuff (I use a tiny nalgene bottle).

My favourite things to eat it on/with are curries, stir fries, eggs, soups, added to salsa, etc etc, the opportunities are endless. It mixes well with other hot sauces too.
  • LK0321
    LK0321 Posts: 25
    Options
    I love using mung bean glass noodles, medium golden curry, and peanut sauce with siracha.....nom nom
    throw in whatever veggies and meat or tempeh oh ya! I also add it to soups for heat, and ground turkey taco meat.
  • cosmogirl47
    cosmogirl47 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    ok...is there a bigweight loss secret about srircha and weight loss? my son uses it on EVERYTHING...