Jillian on Biggest Loser... too much?

Options

Replies

• MDawg81
    MDawg81 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I liked her on every other season and am glad she realized her technique wasn't working this time. She was over the top the first episode. It's one thing to yell and be stern and take no excuses, but she crossed the line. I agree that it backfired. Don't try to get someone to leave on her own, let the team (or that red line) vote her out if you don't think she's working hard enough. I don't think that someone leaving because she won't be talked to like that is evidence that she "doesn't want it enough."

Agreed. I think if she had been on either of the other 2 teams she would still be on the show. Jillian just pushed too many buttons.
  • MDawg81
    MDawg81 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    She yells to get them moving and she can be gentle when she needs to be, I noticed last night that Bob is starting to yell quite abit too
    Bob yells in a different way. Jillian has no problem telling someone their effort is pathetic. I've never heard Bob say that once.
  • TuDominicano
    TuDominicano Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'd be the same way if i have to. Ive had clients that after one workout i dont see them again. This is what u signed for. Take it or leave
  • TuDominicano
    TuDominicano Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Word
    too much... AWESOMENESS!!!!! ummmm... yeah, i'm team jillian all the way :wink:
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    She keeps it real!!! If you can't handle it there are others that will and can! TEAM JILLIAN!!!
  • XGemmyX
    Options
    Love me some Jillian!!! She got me in the best shape of my life with Body Revolution:heart:
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I don't think it is necessary to insult people. I really don't. I think she's obnoxious to be quite honest. You shouldn't have to berate or insult someone to get results. But, to each their own, I suppose. I would throat punch her if she got in my face and talked to me like that.
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    I think it's eally just a character for the show, you know, Good Cop Bad Cop.
    I'm pretty sure that if she wa dancing round me like the little pixie she is and yelling in my face, they'd have to edit out my laughter.
    IT'S ALL JUST FOR SHOW - IT'S NOT PERSONAL.
  • xxvogue
    xxvogue Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I think it's all for show, of course. But, that being said, if I get her body, I'll let her yell at me.
  • toodloo
    toodloo Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I personally wouldn't mind it because that kind of motivation pushes me to work harder - I'm super competitive. But I can see how some people might feel the opposite. :( Then again, I really do think that breaking people down to build them up works. I remember that this season she said something like "I know I'm being hard on them, but these people have been quitting their whole lives." Being super hard on them the first day and not letting them make excuses changes the mindset, in my opinion. I think the girl who left wasn't emotionally ready to be on the show regardless of who her trainer was.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    Yep too much! She is so positive on her you tube videos. It's just for the show.
  • photognurse
    photognurse Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I curse at her when I am doing her workout videos. She hurts.... my muscles.
  • Ryokat
    Ryokat Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'd never watched this show before, but decided to watch the first episode of this season. I was just curious, have any of the contestants in the previous seasons stood up to her, or, you know, punched her in the face? Because if so, I am soooo going to download that episode...
  • cloveraz
    cloveraz Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I think that is why, I'm thinking about joining the reserves..I want that kind of challenge (head game). But, I have never watched that show, so eh...:drinker:
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Holy crap! I forgot how much Jillian YELLS and belittles her team members! I don't think I could work out under those conditions! Any thoughts?

Haha..i think i would LOVE it...i'm the type that likes someone challenging me to my face, i get competitive and want to prove them wrong, so it would totally work for me. Although i'd probably scream right back at her lmao. That being said i'd still rather have Bob...actually i just want them all to train me, they're all freaking amazing.
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I personally wouldn't mind it because that kind of motivation pushes me to work harder - I'm super competitive. But I can see how some people might feel the opposite. :( Then again, I really do think that breaking people down to build them up works. I remember that this season she said something like "I know I'm being hard on them, but these people have been quitting their whole lives." Being super hard on them the first day and not letting them make excuses changes the mindset, in my opinion. I think the girl who left wasn't emotionally ready to be on the show regardless of who her trainer was.

Hahaha...see i'm the same way...i'd be a million times farther if i had someone in my face challenging me to work harder. And totally agreed, the chick who left would have crumbled regardless. Sometimes people aren't ready...pity that someone else who would have been got passed over for her.
  • SilverLotusGirl
    SilverLotusGirl Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    That's part of why I no longer watch that show. I have a workout dvd by Jillian and I love her in that, I love listening to her podcasts and reading interviews she does but i HATE her on that show. I think it's shameful the way she yells and insults people. I understand people who need a push or a firm trainer but you don't have to resort to name calling and yelling in someone's face to be that. I honestly think I'd probably be driven to hit her if ever stooped to be on that show.
  • kamishagirl
    kamishagirl Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm glad Jillian's back on the show!
  • Sheri869
    Sheri869 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I'm a HUGE fan of the show...and was always a Bob Harper fan! And now a Dolvett fan...I cannot personally even fathom doing a JM DVD though I KNOW how popular they are...I cannot STAND the way she handles herself with her team. She's just cruel!!

ALL of the trainers are TOUGH as Hell On their team but they don't bully them constantly! Their successess are finding that fine line between "pushing you to your limit" BUT still Supporting their Amazing efforts and acknowledging that to Keep them Positive and thinking ahead to the Bigger Picture!

Though I KNOW we don't see every moment of the show...so she's probably not the monster they sometimes make her out to be...But REALLY??!!!

She's just a horrible bully to me...but I Know that she is an amazing trainer to those that react to that kind of "in your face" kind of style...meeee....HUGE support is what keeps me going and a positive atmosphere...and the competition!!

Soooo more power to her if it works for some....I wish they would feel out the contestants BEFORE assigning them to trainers! The goal of the show is SUCCESS and in ANY Scenario putting people with the WRONG trainer is Never going to yield good results....
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    Soooo more power to her if it works for some....I wish they would feel out the contestants BEFORE assigning them to trainers! The goal of the show is SUCCESS and in ANY Scenario putting people with the WRONG trainer is Never going to yield good results....

I'd say the goal is to make some fat people cry while emotional music plays over the footage and then later, make some thinner people cry while inspirational music plays over the footage. It's really just a freakshow. Like how when the contestants are still heavy enough to be embarassed, that's when they go topless at the weigh ins. Once it stops being funny, they put them in T Shirts. I know it's " inspirational " and " changes lives " but really it's a prime time T.V. game show. Nothing more.