My Merry Metabolism Maintenance Manual

Options
Everyone who has tried the Dukan and read the instructions thoroughly knows that calorie counting and concerns re metabolism is something that you don't really need to think about while on the diet. However, I have found that combining MFP with the Dukan always gives me fantastic results.

Although I have no special occasion as such for which I need to lose the weight, I have put on most of the weight I want to lose over the past 6 months, in 3 sudden chunks. During this time most of the people I know from Oxford have been away for their summer holidays and I was so busy during Michaelmas working and studying at home that I didn't get to see many of them. THEREFORE, I want to get off as much weight as possible before I see many of them, so even if it looks like I'm the same weight or have gained only a smidgen, few of them will be any the wiser that I ballooned!

To enhance my results I have done my research and made some additional commitments specifically designed to increase fat loss from metabolism maintenance.

Weights for Weight
Fidget for your Figure
Habitual, Not Horrendous. Defeat DOMS.
Cycling Without a Bike
Intervals for Inch Loss
The 500 Rule
Spicy means Slim
Caffeine Workouts and Fat Loss
Exercise on Empty
Weight Loss Not Water Loss
Don't drink your calories, don't get the munchies
Calories deficit, not sleep debt
Thermal Edge

Exactly what I mean by this and my mini-commitments can be found on my blog - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Kimmybean13.

I was wondering if anyone else and experimented with metabolism boosting? If so did it affect your results? How so?

Replies

• blondepsychobrat
    blondepsychobrat Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I read that these "metabolism boosters" affect your metabolism so minimally (2-3%) that there is hardly a difference. However, I still try to drink a lot of water, eat spicy, etc.
    Once we eat healthy and clean, our metabolism fixes itself anyhow and there is no boosting necessary in that sense. I highly recommend "why we get fat" by Gary Taubes. ANd "the smarter science of slim"
  • coburngirl
    coburngirl Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    you have sparked my interest but I'm getting a page not found message when I click on your link