(Potentially silly) Water Question?

Options
in regards to the little water-counter icon that helps us track how much water we've had today, by the "recommended 8 cups of water a day" do they mean 8 cup as in measuring cups or 8 cups as in "8 glasses"?

Is there any way to switch this up to tally up my water in ounces?

TIA!

Replies

• sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    they mean measuring cups... as in 8 oz per "glass".
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure they mean 8 cups, like measuring cup. We should be taking in at least 64oz everyday.
  • malmustafa79
    malmustafa79 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Ive heard you should drink half your body weight in water everyday
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    8 glasses of water.
    Each glass of water = 8fl oz = ~250ml = 1 cup

Different people seem to have different opinions, but you should have 8 glasses if your an average sized person.
    If your overweight and trying to lose weight you should be drinking 10-12 glasses or more.
  • sparkles321
    sparkles321 Posts: 107
    Options

That should be half your body weight in ounces. For example, if you weight 150 pounds, half of that is 75 pounds, so you should drink 75 oz of water per day.
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    LOL! I asked my husband this yesterday! I'm glad I'm not the only one who was clueless about that small fact!:laugh:
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I had to measure how much my sports bottle holds=20 ozs x4 times aday =80 oz a day....water in water out.....Lordy...:-)
  • marinewifey03
    marinewifey03 Posts: 8 Member
    Options

That should be half your body weight in ounces. For example, if you weight 150 pounds, half of that is 75 pounds, so you should drink 75 oz of water per day.

This is what Ive heard and go by as well
  • libra1021
    libra1021 Posts: 19
    Options
    I had to measure how much my sports bottle holds=20 ozs x4 times aday =80 oz a day....water in water out.....Lordy...:-)
    :drinker:

*chuckles*