Looking for about 10 nice friends.

Options
I don't want this to be like facebook. ( Though I actually closed my account there 3 years ago ).... I'm a 50 year old guy who lives near Philadelphia. That motown13 is just a mix of my favorite music and my favorite number, LOL..... never been to Detroit, or even Michigan.

I am married with 2 daughters. I work from home. I have plenty of time to exercise, but that is my real weakness - getting off my butt! I don't know why, because usually I enjoy myself once I get there, there being the YMCA.

I want some solid friends who can offer support, and I will reciprocate. However, I do have one request..... If you plan on talking often about religion, I would rather not have you as a friend. I am not an athiest or agnostic, but I prefer not to have religion in front of me at any given moment.

A little bit more about me:

1. Huge music fan
2. Loves to travel
3. Pretty damn happy that Andy Reid was fired.
4. For as fat as I am, I am still pretty athletic
5. Having kids with my wife was / is the best thing I ever did.

BTW, just so you know upfront, I have an R rated personality, but I try to keep it in check while on public forums. And I might flirt with women, or I might not, but if I do, it is all just meant in good fun.... I'm happy with my family life.... but working at home, and also being Mr. Mom, I rarely see people, especially women, so I do admit to some fun natured flirting.... and YES, my wife knows, LOL.... In fact, she came with me to meet a woman I met in a chat room..... Don't worry, it was nothing salacious.... In fact, my wife even commented that she could see why that woman and I became friendly.

Anyway, that's me.... and I am looking for about 10 friends. I don't have the energy or time to communicate with 100 people on MFP.

Thanks.

Replies

• cloakers
    Options
    HI
    i have just joined as well (you will see by my profile i joined a while back but i never came back due to committments)~ i am an older lady who is trying to lose some weight, i have a great sense of humour , am upfront with my opinions , but not in a rude way
    I would like you to add me as your friend , if you do we can support one another in our goal to lose weight ,and also get to know one another as friends as well ,
    Best Regards
    kathy
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I don't want this to be like facebook. ( Though I actually closed my account there 3 years ago ).... I'm a 50 year old guy who lives near Philadelphia. That motown13 is just a mix of my favorite music and my favorite number, LOL..... never been to Detroit, or even Michigan.

I am married with 2 daughters. I work from home. I have plenty of time to exercise, but that is my real weakness - getting off my butt! I don't know why, because usually I enjoy myself once I get there, there being the YMCA.

I want some solid friends who can offer support, and I will reciprocate. However, I do have one request..... If you plan on talking often about religion, I would rather not have you as a friend. I am not an athiest or agnostic, but I prefer not to have religion in front of me at any given moment.

A little bit more about me:

1. Huge music fan
    2. Loves to travel
    3. Pretty damn happy that Andy Reid was fired.
    4. For as fat as I am, I am still pretty athletic
    5. Having kids with my wife was / is the best thing I ever did.

BTW, just so you know upfront, I have an R rated personality, but I try to keep it in check while on public forums. And I might flirt with women, or I might not, but if I do, it is all just meant in good fun.... I'm happy with my family life.... but working at home, and also being Mr. Mom, I rarely see people, especially women, so I do admit to some fun natured flirting.... and YES, my wife knows, LOL.... In fact, she came with me to meet a woman I met in a chat room..... Don't worry, it was nothing salacious.... In fact, my wife even commented that she could see why that woman and I became friendly.

Anyway, that's me.... and I am looking for about 10 friends. I don't have the energy or time to communicate with 100 people on MFP.

Thanks.

You had me at R rated personality and no religion talk. Feel free to add me.
  • mrsme1008
    mrsme1008 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hey Motown,

I'm looking for a small supportive group as well. I've been on MFP for months and could use some friends.

I'm fifty-something, love my family (married with two sons), myself (not in the narcissistic way, just an "affirmation to take care of me more way" ) and music. And I'm nice :smile:

Would appreciate hanging with some nice "grownups" to make this work for all of us!

Thanks
  • motown13
    motown13 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Thanks to those who replied.... I think I have about 6 people now....
  • debradda
    debradda Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Enjoyed reading your post... Lots of same views except the Andy Reid comment... Now the Chiefs get him...such a bummer... :) Best wishes and if you are still needing a friend on here I am in.... Deb
  • NicholeRobb
    NicholeRobb Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I joined awhile ago, but it's been 6mo since I was here last. Life has a funny way of taking us out huh? I have several friends but doubt many if any remember me, so this is really like starting all over again. Feel free to add me if you are still looking for friends :)
  • PatriciaThomas99
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. No political or religious talk and just looking for a few friends to support each other through our weight loss journey.