Any members who are currently pregnant?

Options
I am wondering if there is any one out there using my fitness pal who is currently pregnant? I decided to come back on here to make sure that i am eating healthy, don't gain too much weight, and to help me remember what i am eating! I forget so easily what i take in on a daily basis that i don't want to accidentally over do it and gain too much then its all the harder to lose it all and then some! I am just really unsure if people tend to stay on and track once your pregnant or do you leave?

Replies

• desbefit
    Options
    I'm about 5 weeks. That is the exact reason I came back! I want to count and make sure I don't gain too much. It just helps me check myself.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I'm 7 weeks along right now.
  • Jodycnd
    Jodycnd Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I;m not pregnant now, but during my first pregnancy I gained about 65lbs. With my second I tracked using Weight Watchers (which I had used to lose the 65lbs). I still gained about 35lbs but at least it was more controlled. I don't plan on having any more babies, but if I did, I would definitely track my calories here! I like seeing the nutrition breakdown on my food here which would be good for pregnancy, too.

Congratulations btw!
  • jiddu17
    jiddu17 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    19 Weeks yesterday. Still tracking on MFP :smile:
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I started on MFP in May, the same exact month I became pregnant, and instead of leaving, I decided to stay. It has been a HUGE motivator for me to continue to be healthy and not give up on myself just because I can't lose the weight right away. I am due next month and all my awesome MFP friends have really kept me going, especially when I want to eat my entire fridge. lol. I don't eat perfectly, I don't always exercise, but coming here makes me remember the reason I started my life change. I highly recommend you stay here and focus on being healthy without the scale. I honestly think it has made all the difference in the world with me. Congrats on the pregnancy, and feel free to friend me! :)
  • Blessedmommy_2x
    Blessedmommy_2x Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    ME, ME, ME!!!

I am almost 24 weeks with my third little one!!! I plan on making this pregnancy the most active/healthy pregnancy I have had yet!
  • pookimonkey
    Options
    We're currently trying for a little one, and I will definitely be using this to help me stay in control!
  • LauraLouFace
    LauraLouFace Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well, I'm 14 weeks along and have continued working out and tracking my food, and plan on doing so for the duration of my pregnancy. As soon as I found out I was pregnant at 5 weeks I added a bunch of other pregnant ladies as friends on this site and they have been a great source of information and motivation. It's really nice to have people rooting for you who know exactly what you're going through! Good luck to you, and I'll be wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy!
  • alibur85
    alibur85 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. I'm 22w3d and am in the same boat of wanting to track my weight and food. It's always good to have others in your situation to support you along the way!!
  • Rosered3333
    Rosered3333 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 31 weeks and I'm still tracking but mostly to make sure I'm not overdoing on the sodium and making sure I'm getting enough calcium, etc. I've gained about 23 lbs so far (which means I'm going to gain more than my doctor's goal of 20-25) and my personal goal is to gain less than 30 lbs. It's been REALLY helpful.

Feel free to add me if you like!
  • BBeccaJean
    BBeccaJean Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I'm 18 weeks and definitely using myfitnesspal...although I have to adjust calorie goals manually. The automated ones tend to run a little high for me.

I use this as a general guideline for weight gain...
    http://www.baby2see.com/pregnancy_weight_calculator.html

I've also heard:

1st trimester: +100 calories
    2d trimester: +200 calories
    3rd trimester: +300 calories
  • melb2003
    melb2003 Posts: 198
    Options
    Wow, it makes me so happy to see so many women who are on here and pregnant. I'm 10 weeks and I've already gained 5 lbs. I started this site in February 2012 and lost 60 lbs in 8 months, stopped using MFP and had a rough few months, and I gained 20 lbs back. I'm not trying to lose weight at all, I'm trying to just gain the recommended 15-25 lbs for my weight range. My doctor recommended 2500 calories and to gain 1 lb a week. I set myself at 2600 calories because I'll be doing light walking 3 days a week or more for only 30 minutes.

Please, anyone who has responded to this, please add me. I'm trying to find my motivation to keep this weight gain moderate and not ridiculous (not to mention that I'm trying to be in a wedding 4 days before my due date)

Good luck everyone!
  • Anastacia1119
    Anastacia1119 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I am 19w2d right now and thankfully because of MFP I have only gained 2 pounds so far. I know a number of women who gained 60+ pounds and had a really hard time getting it off. I don't want that to be me! The doctor told me 25-30 pounds is the most I should gain so I am aiming for that. :-)
  • RenaeNguyen
    RenaeNguyen Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I am 23 weeks 4 days, I just hopped back on MFP because I recently lost a large amount of weight and managed to gain 30lbs back in my pregnancy, I am so happy to see all the pregnant woman on MFP
  • healthyrach13
    Options
    Hi all!
    I'm 34 wks along and while I haven't gained a lot, I was recently diagnosed with *gestational diabetes.*
    I joined MFP to track my food & carbs, and so far I love how comprehensive the database is!
    Would love to connect with other preggos, especially anyone dealing w/ GD (or who has in the past).
  • mormonmomma11
    mormonmomma11 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone - just wanted to let you know that there is a group called "Fit, Fabulous, & Pregnant" and the women there are all incredibly supportive. Come stop by if you are looking for interaction with others also experiencing the joys of pregnancy!
  • karenodonut
    karenodonut Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am 11 weeks along and just started mfp again today.

It's my second child and my belly has really popped out and none of my jeans fit! I am not trying to lose weight, just be healthy and not gain too much - last pregnancy I added nearly 5 stone!

I have just done my Zumba DVD - hoping to carry on with it 3 times a week until bump makes it impossible.

Happy new year everyone xx
  • fitgirldanyel
    fitgirldanyel Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I am ten weeks with my second child. I am just trying to control what I eat and not gain a ridiculous amount of weight. I gained around sixty pounds with my son. I do not want to do that again. Please add me if you would like :) Congrats to all of you~
  • PSCCsweetie
    Options
    I just found out that I am pregnant!! I'm so excited! I have been SO HUNGRY lately though, and I know I'm going over my calories. What do I do?? I am 5 ft. 4 inches & 146 pounds right now. My goal was to reach 130-135. I've been trying to stay on a 1200 calories diet, but I don't think that's gonna be possible anymore. How many calories should I be consuming? Somebody please help me!! Thank you!
  • miami_mimi
    miami_mimi Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    You can add me as well. I am 28 weeks n have gained 26lbs!!! A lot!