been a week no results

Options

Replies

• jencuts15
    jencuts15 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    It takes time. When I started the same happened to me. I had a 1200 calorie limit and was exercising every day. I didn't lose a pound until about 2 1/2 weeks after I started. Since then I've pretty much been losing a pound a week (except for the last month because of the holidays...I took a few steps backwards). In terms of drinking water, try putting a lemon and/or a lime in your water. I keep a water bottle at work and in my car to remind myself. The fruit makes it taste much better. You can even try putting oranges in it or mint leaves and lime YUM!
  • katflap10
    katflap10 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I am in the same place as you and came across this thread when searching for answers. Did a search in the forum topics and came across this:

TOPIC: Why the scale goes UP with a new workout program- MUST READ

Read it - for me it is bang on..
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    ive been doing cardio like everyday

If you're new to exercising then you are probably retaining water (rather than building muscle) which is masking your fat loss on the scale.

Keep going. Be patient. Tweak at reasonable intervals.

You'll be fine.
  • jha1223
    jha1223 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hello I started a week ago and I know some of you are like one week!!!! I been on the 1200 calorie diet daily and exercising like crazy, I read that I must be building muscle, and not eating enough calories, I decided to up my calorie intake some and see what happens, any ideas would be helpful thank you.

Give it at least a month. Depending on your height and current weight 1200 might be to low. How did you get 1200? You might have to play with the numbers a little to find your sweet spot for losing. Do you know about bmr and tdee? Also I just have to add that no you are not building muscle. It has only been a week and you are eating at a deficit so those telling you that you are building muscle are lying to you.

+1
  • wrdl1
    wrdl1 Posts: 16
    Options
    im for sure new to exercising, thank everyone really helps, not gonna give up just keep pushing!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Fruit20 may be calorie free but you're getting some extra sodium drinking it. How about mixing it a little of it into a big glass of water? You still get the flavor but you'll be diluting the sodium level. I do this a lot at home. I'll pour a 2 cup glass of water and add about 1/4 cup of sugar free fruit punch. I'm still getting some flavor but mostly it's water.

You're not gaining muscle, as previously explained. If you weren't woring out before or you've increased the intensity of your workouts, your muscles are retaining water and glycogen and that's likely why you haven't seen a loss. Drink more water and give the body time to adjust and you'll see some progress in no time, I'm sure.
  • wrdl1
    Options
    I put my weight and height on calculator here and it told me 1200 is there another place website? that I should be looking at the calorie intake? Thanks
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    I would up my calories a little...then stick with it for a month...1200 is really low.

I strength train 3 days and try to get 2 days of cardio.

when i joined I was eating 1200, realized that wasnt enough, bumped it to 1400 and felt much better.
    I am trying something different now, 1800 every day and not eating exercise calories .back...we will see how it works
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Be patient
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    Patience, grasshopper.
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I put my weight and height on calculator here and it told me 1200 is there another place website? that I should be looking at the calorie intake? Thanks

You put height, weight, and to lose 2lbs per week, right?

You need to adjust your goals away from 2lbs a week. You only have 26lbs to lose according to your ticker so you should be trying to lose more like a half to one pound per week.

Generally someone with a BMI over 32 can do a 1000 calorie a day (2 lbs a week) deficit
    With a BMI of 30 to 32 a deficit of 750 calories is generally correct (about 1.5 lbs a week)
    With a BMI of 28 to 30 a deficit of 500 calories is about right (about 1 lb a week)
    With a BMI of 26 to 28 a deficit of about 300 calories is perfect (about 1/2 lb a week)

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/bmi-calculator/NU00597
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Give it more time hon, you are not a contestant on the Biggest Loser.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Again I'll ask... are you netting or grossing 1200?
  • eyeshuh
    eyeshuh Posts: 333
    Options

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    x54doi.gif
  • susannahsutton1
    Options
    patience young grasshopper

LOVE
  • wrdl1
    Options
    im not sure what netting or grossing is im just putting in what I eat for the day and its telling me im under the 1200 calorie mark.
  • eyeshuh
    eyeshuh Posts: 333
    Options
    im not sure what netting or grossing is im just putting in what I eat for the day and its telling me im under the 1200 calorie mark.

At the top of your home page it says "GOAL FOOD - EXERCISE = NET"

Is your NET number usually 1200?
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    it's like net vs gross income - gross income is before taxes, net is after taxes are taken out.

gross cals are cals before exercise, net cals are cals after exercise is considered.