Rewards

Options
A friend and I are in this together. She wants to find a non-food item to reward ourselves for meeting some smaller goals (ie. 15 lbs, etc)

Does anyone have any suggestions for us?

Replies

• tammihart
    tammihart Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    When I lose 50 lbs, I am getting myself a pair of gold hoop earrings that I have had my eye on at a local jewelers.
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Oh, that's good. And, it wouldn't have to be the same reward for both of us...........we could choose our own.........I like that idea~!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    So far I have only worked out my reward for getting under 150 - we are going to take an acro yoga class!
  • mandipandi1984
    Options
    Mine is my charm bracelet :-) the day I started on my healthier lifestyle ''diet'' I got the strawberry charm and for mini goals going to get it filled up mines' is pandora so charms are 20 quid upwards but hey I used to spend that 2 or three times a week on take away's !! another good one is luxury bathing products like ''lush'' bath bombs so good after a long walk and treats from even the body shop .. anything you'd really like that you'd normally say no to .. gd luck to you and your friend :-)

26926024.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • cebreisch
    cebreisch Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    jewelry - take up a hobby you've always wanted to do....a friend of mine and I are looking into taking quilting classes or learning a language (rosetta stone or something). I also recently got myself a sewing machine and a desk to put it on (to go along with the quilting classes, and to try to shorten my daughters pants more easily, etc.) Replace your purse...

The girls at work and I are trying to lose 10% by April 1 (we started in September). We're going to try to find something reward ourselves - we haven't decided yet what it's going to be - but it can be either together or separate, we're still talking about the possibilities and trying to get excited about what we might be able to do.
  • minsch
    minsch Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I get myself a pandora charm for every 10lbs.
  • Vikingz45
    Vikingz45 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    If my wife makes her 1/2 goal before mine she is getting a dress. If I get thier before her I am getting 60 bucks towards my TV.
  • gwenmf
    Options
    Mine is my charm bracelet :-) the day I started on my healthier lifestyle ''diet'' I got the strawberry charm and for mini goals going to get it filled up mines' is pandora so charms are 20 quid upwards but hey I used to spend that 2 or three times a week on take away's !! another good one is luxury bathing products like ''lush'' bath bombs so good after a long walk and treats from even the body shop .. anything you'd really like that you'd normally say no to .. gd luck to you and your friend :-)

26926024.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

I LOVE THIS~!!!!!
  • gwenmf
    Options
    You all have given me EXCELLENT ideas!~! Thank you SO much~!

I've started sewing (again) recently too~! I love the charm bracelet idea too. Awesome~~!! Thanks again
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Ooooh I too love the charm bracelet!! I just got a pandora bracelet for Christmas from my mommy and it has three charms so far...

Oh yeah, your question. I think good rewards are things like a mani/pedi, new haircut, a bag or clothing item, new make up.. I think the rewards that make you feel pretty are the best. I also like the bath salt type idea :)
  • Fat2Fitby30
    Options
    Rewards are great ideas!!

Here are few ideas

New handbag, new pair of heels, new hairstyle, mani/pedi, weekend getaway, new workout gear.... there are alot of great ideas out there! Trying to figure out what mine are going to be.
  • TwentyTreize
    Options
    Mine was my tattoo, and since its always with me, its a great reminder to stay on track
  • Shaylam82
    Shaylam82 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    manicures
    pedicures
    massages
    when i reach goal I am getting another tattoo :)
  • speedracer2007
    speedracer2007 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine who was on a journey to lose a very significant amount of weight, rewarded herslf with a variety of items based on the progress. The most significant was a new JEEP when she lost 100 pounds, and a small lady-like tatoo for achieving different levels.
  • CarriC03
    Options
    My fiance always buys me a new outfit for every 10 pounds I lose. Its a great incentive!!!
  • huckabeebug
    huckabeebug Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    massages! To only get one when the goal is reached!