What am I doing wrong? The last 10 pounds >_<

2»

Replies

• Ebwash89
    Ebwash89 Posts: 180 Member
    up your cals to lose 1/2lb per week - you only want a small deficit so the body is burning fat and not muscle, and think strength training strength training strength training!

I agree. It also took me about 4 months to lose the last 10 pounds, so I know how stubborn they can be! Make sure you are eating enough, bump up the strength training, and it will happen. Just be patient.

Thanks
  • You look awesome!
    Just keep at it in the gym and, like others have said, lift heavy and really focus on shaping your body and toning. Dont focus on the scale anymore. Eventually it will go down. Right now, focus on adding muscle and in doing so you may need to eat some more calories.
    But you said it yourself, 150 looks different on everyone... even on yourself! In high school I was 150 and I felt awful and wore a size 8. I am 27 now and I am back at 150 but I feel healthy and strong and I am in a 4 or a 6 in some places. TONE TONE TONE! Build that muscle girl!
  • Ebwash89
    Ebwash89 Posts: 180 Member
    You look awesome!
    Just keep at it in the gym and, like others have said, lift heavy and really focus on shaping your body and toning. Dont focus on the scale anymore. Eventually it will go down. Right now, focus on adding muscle and in doing so you may need to eat some more calories.
    But you said it yourself, 150 looks different on everyone... even on yourself! In high school I was 150 and I felt awful and wore a size 8. I am 27 now and I am back at 150 but I feel healthy and strong and I am in a 4 or a 6 in some places. TONE TONE TONE! Build that muscle girl!

:flowerforyou: Focusing on muscle over the scale..... Thanks for the compliment and help :smile:
  • lifeisbeautyfull
    lifeisbeautyfull Posts: 9 Member
    I'm trying to lose the last 8, so I get it! I find lowering my carbs helps. It looks like your main carb sources are fruit and the juice you make. Maybe try to cut back there- eat the whole veggies instead of the juice or swap a piece of fruit for a veggie or lean protein? But definitely make up those calories (and more!) with some more protein and fats. My favorite way to add fat: Avocado! I put it in my eggs in the morning and on top of my protein or salads the rest of the day. Good luck- and you look great!
  • Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    When you say you do lifting with cardio, what kind of lifting are you doing. I've read many success stories of women who got skinny, but never got the body they wanted. It wasn't until they started lifting heavy (low reps, HEAVY weights) that they started to see muscle definition and started to like their bodies. Also, several of them gained weight from building muscle, so at that point they stopped caring about their weight and switched goals to how the look, strength goals, or bf%.

Here's one, but like I have said, there are many out there:

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

Wow Thanks for the link, Stacey is my new superhero!!! :)
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    THe last 10 lbs for me was VERY SLOW. But that's true fat loss not just water. And yeah, lifting HEAVY. I also put in exercises that I absolutely SUCK at. I have some go to moves that I like to do but I needed to do things I was uncomfortable with(not painful just uncomfortable.) I am extremely vain at the gym. I like looking coordinated. But I had to keep humble and put in things that I knew I detested(just for a lil while.)

Fat started to drop.

ANd yeah, it's truly real fat loss, not just water when it slows down. It's the real deal when it is slow. Try to see that as a positive. Not just water but FAT. You are going to lose it. Keep the faith and lift heavy!

;)