New User: Looking for Friends

Options
Has tracking your daily intake been a big help in weight loss?

Replies

• Off_The_Record
    Options
    Hey, I added you :)

I could always use more motivating/supportive friends so anybody feel free to add me xox :flowerforyou: :smokin:
  • trhops
    trhops Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Great support, feel free to add me!
  • scorpia1977
    scorpia1977 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Has tracking your daily intake been a big help in weight loss?

Hello!

Yes, I find that tracking your food makes you more aware of what you are eating and by doing this, it also helps put things into perspective.

Feel free to add me as a friend, if you would like. :)
  • kathrynrb
    Options
    yes this helps, you can see what you are doing. I've been tracking for a week and so far so good:flowerforyou:
  • FindingTam
    FindingTam Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello ......... I'm new to MFP and I'm excited to take action and make some changes with my eating habits and weight control.
  • my_so_called_life
    Options
    Hello :) It DEFINITELY helps! I've been using MFP for the last few months and I've learned so much about what I'm eating. I actually find it fun and exciting especially once you get closer to your goal. Feel free to add me!!
  • FindingTam
    FindingTam Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yes, tracking my daily intake does help me to lose weight. I am much more conscious of what and how much I eat because I know that I am going to have to log it and see the resutls in black and white. I have recently been lazy, but a couple of years ago I was tracking what I consumed for every meal each day, was walking 3 miles a day about 5 days a week, and lost 20 lbs in about 3 months. I have gained a little of that back, but have kept most of it off by just changing my eating habits a little (eating less at meals even if I eat some unhealthly foods), and I'm also drinking lots of water and NO soft drinks! Now, I'm on a mission to lose a few more lbs; I'm tracking again and using MFP!! :smile:
  • wjrapp
    wjrapp Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Very much so! Been on mfp for a year and have gotten soooooo much healthier and lost weight too!
  • ella1227
    Options
    I've not tracked on mfp, but I did on WW. It does help with putting things in perspective. Seeing how foods combined helps or hurts your weight loos, or gain. I'm trying it here as well!
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! I didn't track for two weeks over the holidays because I was traveling, and I was up almost 6 pounds when I got home. Tracking helps you watch portions as well as which foods pack load up the calories faster. I definitely need to track everything I eat or it's very easy to go off the rails.
  • Jizes318
    Jizes318 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Welcome and lot's of luck!! Tracking has helped me in so many ways!! Feel free to add me!
  • tdkgirly
    Options
    Hi, I'm new on this too. I've never tracked food before, but I can see it keeping me in line. It's hard to ignore when its all in front of you. It's not only helping to keep my calories under control, but the protein /carb/ fats ratio also... inspires me to make better choices.
  • blackjackgirl
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me as a friend...new to this as well:happy: :happy: its always good to have friends that are going through the same thing and can understand what your going through. Peace:heart:
  • lexivenus
    lexivenus Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm new to the board as well. I've been tracking for only a couple of days so far, but it has opened my eyes to exactly what I am putting into my body, which I think will allow me to see what I am doing wrong or right. I'd be more than happy to be your friend, good luck on your journey!
  • kdkennedy913
    kdkennedy913 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I think tracking day is a great way to be accountable for everything you eat. I track my exercise here as well. Add me if you want - I'm here every day!
  • inashdeen
    Options
    Tracking?
    yerp, definitely.
    but It also depends on how honest we are in tracking , and at the same time how guilty we felt after over eating :)

actually, once you get used to it, you would mentally track each and every time you eat your food, and that is reallt great

33594342.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods