Body like Pink..

Options
MissPeppers
MissPeppers Posts: 302 Member
I've recently tried to upgrade my mental body image by looking at other bodies that resembles mine - and done my best to be realistic about it. What I've found is that my body is quite alike Pink's - a little more body fat but muscular and unfortunately I've realised I'll never get the tiny waist I'd like to have, or the curvy hips... Even when I skip all ab exercise all together which I do, my rib cage is too broad to have a small waist I guess, about the hips I could do more broad squats I guess. I don't know Pink's measures so I can't compare - this is only based on the visual image.

I don't think she's got a masculine body just because she's muscular! Ah well I thought - but I've never felt feminine in anything, and when I found this post: http://seriouslyomg.com/?p=12997 and I wondered... what do you all think about shapes like hers?

Replies

• HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I like her body. For myself, I'd rather have more of a defined waist, (but I don't think everyone should want what I want) and I don't think she looks manly or her muscles are too much in any way whatsoever. She's obviously fit, and that's great IMO.
  • Tebbspcad
    Tebbspcad Posts: 233
    Options
    Well I think she is beautiful, since seeing her in one of her early music videos I've always envied her figure & would love to look like that. I'm not muscular at all and have ample chest & hips - but would give it up in an instant to look more toned and less spongy. Pink is amazingly strong & fit & I admire her for that but in no way would I say she looks masculine. :happy:
  • Izzwoz
    Izzwoz Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Pink is one of the hottest women on the planet, she looks amazing! I would love to have her figure!
  • wonderbolt
    Options
    Pink is my thinspiration! You should be insanely proud to have a body like hers.

She portrays a tomboy image which makes her look masculine but it's not her body that does it, it's her attitude!
  • MissPeppers
    Options
    I've always been a tomboy; karate used to be my thing, and i like being strong. Of course I don't care what EVERYbody say but I really do need some help adjusting myself to my "new" me. The 215 lb version is upgraded and I'm working towards a 135 version, I don't see it as negative to be fit.

I'm surrounded by girlie girls though, and that's not really easy when it comes to body issues. They are almost scared of having muscle; "You've got more muscle than my husband" is one comment LOL. Might be true but that says a lot more about him than it does about me I guess.
  • Izzwoz
    Izzwoz Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Might be true but that says a lot more about him than it does about me I guess.

Indeed it does! lol
    Nothing wrong with skinny lads, but absolutely nothing wrong with strong women!! I'm never gonna be a size 0 or even close because of my frame but that doesn't mean we can't look and feel great! :-)
  • amruden
    amruden Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    She is my body goal...someday.

She is strong, fit, flexible, and athletic.
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    "You've got more muscle than my husband" is one comment LOL. Might be true but that says a lot more about him than it does about me I guess.

Exactly, if they're that bothered by you having more muscle than him, why should it be you that changes? lol

This is what bugs me about men saying "she has more muscle than me!" as a bad thing. I've never heard it in RL, but online I've seen it. If skinny guys want to be skinny I have no issue with that, they can do what they please, as I am doing. Yet, if it bothers them that much to have a girl be more muscular than them then maybe they should do something about it! After all, it's not going to be the hardest thing in the world for a man to catch up with a woman in terms of muscle, especially if he works hard.
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Pink body is awesome
    I love her muscle definition
    Sure, if she had more boobs and more hips she would be more "femenine" but she is working with what she gots and doing great job
  • MissPeppers
    Options
    I'm aiming for a more fit body; get rid of those 5-6% body fat I'd like to lose and that'll be it. I won't be unhappy with it; it'll be what I've dreamt of for years. Maybe some day I'll see myself as I really am - or close to it. But it's difficult!

Who does that, really?
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    I think she's gorgeous, and her back view is fantastic, love that butt...I will also never be curvy, there is only a little difference between my hips and waist...So I also try to get muscles, that add to give ma an illusion of shape...

But the article on the other hand was awful...No wonder so many women end up with such a body complex....to be described as "the body of man but with t!ts and no pen!s" Please...jealous much????

I think muscle is sexy, and thus women with muscle is sexy!
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    3634490_std.jpg
  • MissPeppers
    Options
    3634490_std.jpg
    Haha.. would NOT like to have the body of this Pink..
  • MissPeppers
    Options
    I think she's gorgeous, and her back view is fantastic, love that butt...I will also never be curvy, there is only a little difference between my hips and waist...So I also try to get muscles, that add to give ma an illusion of shape...
    Yes; do you have any tips for building hips????
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options

lol nup! Just butt...and still attempting that lol!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I think you have to accept what you've got. Specially as we age.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    I'd tap it.
  • MissPeppers
    Options
    I think you have to accept what you've got. Specially as we age.
    Yeah. That's what I want to do. Just getting more perspective :smile:
    I'm 40, and getting more and more pleased with what I've accomplished. Except from a few setbacks now and then, I'm better at it now than a few years ago.
  • MissPeppers
    Options
    lol nup! Just butt...and still attempting that lol!
    Lemme know when you've found that golden recipe :wink:
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    It is good to have realistic goals for your body. I'm lucky in that I have an hourglass figure and a lot of women would kill for that, but at the same time, when I had an eating disorder and weighed 103 lbs, I had a C cup and wore a size 4 jeans. I will never be one of those petit girls and I know it. Moreso than a number, I'd like to be a size 6/8 (or at least be able to wear skinny jeans and rock them!) I'd also like a C-Cup but I doubt that will ever happen naturally. I just want to be a happier, healthier, more confident version of myself :)