Replies

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Kate-Upton-Gif-.gif

is how I do the tuna.
  • venbake
    Options
    Recently I tried creamy horseradish in place of mayo. If you like spicy, it was fantastic and only about 30 cal. for a tablespoon of horseradish. Added some onion and roasted red pepper to the mix and ate in on wheat crackers. Yum.
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Usually I like to start off with a casual date...
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    came for the gif.....left happy.
  • AmyLynnWojcik1987
    Options
    :smile: sounds goods
  • estrange22
    estrange22 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Kate-Upton-Gif-.gif

is how I do the tuna.

Oh Bri..... :-)
  • yoovie
    Options
    i woke up happy and knew the boards were going to suck out my shiny so i wanted to have a lil fun whilst i could :angel:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I mix mine with humus... it is really good!

Me too! Best tuna is mixed with roasted red pepper hummus with a few sweet gherkins and a hardboiled egg in it.... Eaten right out of the BOWL!
    Okay TWO of you can't be ignored, gonna get some hummus and tuna on my next shopping trip. Mayo-fied tuna may have seen it's last day in my house. Thanks for the thread and thanks for this idea.
  • lisabinco
    lisabinco Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I mix my canned tuna with avocado, a splash of lemon juice, and whatever spices you would normally use (mrs. dash, cayenne, etc). Healthy fats!
    This... and then I put it all into a big lettuce leaf (although I like the cucumber idea, too) and eat it all. One caveat: I only eat it once a week or less due to the mercury levels and the high sodium content. But I do love tuna, the only fish I actually like.
  • yoovie
    Options
    word, tuna plus hummus = omnomnom
  • stljam
    stljam Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    So many great ways to enjoy tuna....I could eat Tuna every day.

Ahi tuna - Give it a good rub and sear it meidum rare - hot on the outside and pink in the middle

Also, Ahi tuna lettuce wraps, Spicy tuna roll, Various other sushi rolls with tuna.
  • jennisfriend
    Options
    I love tuna with cucumbers, tomatoes, red onions, cilantro, jalapenos, and lime juice. It's kind of like ceviche....(if that's how you spell it... lol) Sooooo good! Light and fresh. On a bed of salad greens, or on a corn tortilla....
  • tapeneri
    tapeneri Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    In reply to the post of 1/9/13 at 10:39AM: For lunch today I had something very similar to your recipe, but instead of tuna used Sardines in oil. It was delicious. I also love watching Lydia's Italy cooking show.
  • tawnydale
    Options
    Tuna tacos! (at work..we only have a microwave)

Warm taco shells in microwave...combine tuna and salsa and warm in small microwave safe bowl.....add some spinach to the bottom of shell and scoop tuna and salsa on top, you can add cheese if you want, I normally pull apart string cheese and add to the top.
  • AskingTooMuch
    AskingTooMuch Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I like to mix mine with creamy horseradish instead of mayo. I get the creamy consistency plus a good kick of heat at the same time. Pickles and some sweet relish cut the heat if I use too much.

I love horseradish and hadn't thought of this! Thanks!!