Brand Spankin New

Options
Hi All!!

My name is Mallory and I am 23 years old. I was always active and fit in high school as a dual-sport athlete. I got to college and was introduced to this wonderful thing called "ALCOHOL" and it all ended there. I put on about 30 pounds my freshman year and was constantly reminded of this by not being able to fit into my old clothes. A few years later and about 6 months before my wedding, I decided I had to stop feeling sorry for myself and do something about the weight gain. So I joined a gym and worked my butt off 5 days a week for about 5 months. Then it happened, three weeks before my wedding I broke my foot and it devastated me. No more workouts, no more daily runs - just pain and food. All was good and well, my foot started healing, and I stopped using my broken foot as a "reason" to not workout and started using it as an "excuse" to not work out. Well here I am, 9 months later and SOOOO TIRED of making excuses. A few weeks ago I decided to get up off of my lazy butt and do something about it. I began running again and am doing some simple workouts to strengthen my legs and back. I ran my first official 5K today and as so excited! I am so excited to use this website to help me be as healthy as possible!

- Mallory :flowerforyou:

Replies

• MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    That's great! Looks like you've done well on your own - so I'm sure you will do even better with all the help and support this site offers!! :)

Good luck!!
  • TIFFANY1686
    Options
    That's great!! I'm new too :o) I'm 24 and I had two kids in 18 months and it ruined me. LOL I used to be in perfect shape without trying before I had them. Now, it's a LOT of work to get back into shape!! I'm hoping to lose another 20-25 lbs by the end of July. Good luck!! This site is really great for tracking food and exercise!
  • mlv333
    mlv333 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    We have similar stories. a year and a half ago I broke my leg, and gained 15lbs on top of my 10 lbs gain prior to that, so here I am trying to lose it all. My leg still hurts, but this is my new normal; so I'm just grinning and bearing it. I'm attending my first 5k tomorrow, and I plan to train for a 1/2 marathon by Oct. I plan on literally running into my old clothes. Good luck you you on the same.
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Good for you! :smile:
  • Mevogl14
    Mevogl14 Posts: 4
    Options
    We have similar stories. a year and a half ago I broke my leg, and gained 15lbs on top of my 10 lbs gain prior to that, so here I am trying to lose it all. My leg still hurts, but this is my new normal; so I'm just grinning and bearing it. I'm attending my first 5k tomorrow, and I plan to train for a 1/2 marathon by Oct. I plan on literally running into my old clothes. Good luck you you on the same.

Good luck to you as well!! We do have very similar stories and it seems like our recoveries are the same too. I am currently training for a half-marathon as well! Mine is on September 5th! I did my first 5K today and it was great. Good luck at yours tomorrow and keep me posted on how you do!