Oregon Hiking?

Options
Hey there everyone. I'm looking for some great places to hike. I love it but seem to go to the same places. Anyone have suggestions? Thanks!
Wishing you good health.

Replies

• oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    what part of oregon?

forrest hieghts is my fav here in portland!
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    LUCKY!!!!! I wish I got to hike in oregon for my exercise! It's so beautiful out there!!! No mountains to speak of where I live in GA!
  • jenwillbthin
    Options
    Any part of Oregon is pretty good since it doesn't take much time to get to most of it.
    The Willamette Valley is probably the best since I live here.
  • jenwillbthin
    Options
    I agree that we Oregonians are lucky its so beautiful here. Especially the Willamette Valley we are just an hour away from the ocean about an hour away for the big city (my town is anyway), 2 hours away from snow and dessert type terrain. We are truly blessed.
  • tlapdx72
    tlapdx72 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I love going out to the Gorge :)
  • tutujoli
    tutujoli Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I love Beacon Rock for a challenge. ;)

Oneianta Gorge is awesome too if you're A. not afraid to climb over the log jam, and B. not afraid to get wet to the chest. It's a COLD stream in there, but so SO worth it. Really stunning.
  • jenwillbthin
    Options
    Awesome I'll be sure to check it out after I'm done here.
    I went to McDowell Creek Park. Its so so pretty and some of it was challenging not hard but a good challenge especially on the stairs going up. :tongue:
    But all the waterfalls make it worth it.
  • tutujoli
    tutujoli Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Onieanta (sp?) is INCREDIBLE. It's about a 2 story sheer rock face on either side, about 10 feet apart, with the stream running the entire bottom. There's a few good trails that come through there, and the we always hike up the stream to the waterfall at the end of our day. It's a good way to cool off. ;)
  • tlapdx72
    tlapdx72 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I soooo agree with you tutujoli about Onieanta falls! I love going there on a hot summer's day. The log jam is a bit scary, but not too bad.