Would really like a couple of friends

Options
Hi there, Im new here and don't have any "real life" friends trying to lose weight. I would really appreciate a friend or two to share my journey with for a little bit of support and motivation. I'm not sure how to friend request anyone. A little about me: I'm 26 from australia and have 3 young children. I have about 15-20kg's to lose. I'm trying out the celebrity slim program (shakes) and healthy eating.

Replies

• missa526
    missa526 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I would love to be your friend! I'm in a similar situation no one in real life is trying to lose weight and I depend on this site to help me out. I'll friend you now!
  • munozrd
    munozrd Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    You can add me as a friend too. I am for the first time trying to use this website to its fullest and it helps out so much! I am trying to exercise at least 3 times a week and watching my calories.
  • hiddenaudacity
    hiddenaudacity Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me hun. Tip though - Celebrity Slim sucks!!! I've tried it myself and:

1. I got depressed whenever I realized it was lunch time/dinner.
    2. I only lasted on it for about a week.
    3. Put all the weight back on afterwards when I went back to eating proper food.

You're much better off learning how to eat healthy and moderate your food portions. Just think, it's a lifestyle change, and do you really want to drink shakes instead of meals for the rest of your life?
  • mitchymoos
    mitchymoos Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm desperately trying to loose the stone I e put on due to stopping smoking and would love to make some friends on here for support. Please feel free to add me xxx
  • Chrissie_R
    Chrissie_R Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    hii, i'll add you x
  • lildaug
    lildaug Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm in the same boat too. I'd like to have more friends on here to keep me motivated.
  • missa526
    missa526 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I would love to be your friend! Feel free to add me and I'll add you back! This is the most supportive site I've ever found.I'd be happy to help support you as will everyone else. :) oops I just realized I already responded to this post. My bad lol
  • nbfoerster
    nbfoerster Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Add me! I just did a restart before the end of 2012 and am looking for friends too!
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    You can add me I just started a week ago and this site has been a lifesaver
  • msmonkeytoes
    Options
    Hi! It is so hard to loose weight! my husband and eating buddy o nearly 30 years doesn't help me with loosing weight. I would be happy to be your friend here on my fitness pal. not sure how to connect... obviously my user name is msmonkeytoes LOL I know silly huh!!! :laugh: I am 45 married highschool chum, from Oklahoma, USA... live in Colorado. Mum of 1 teen ager OMG!
  • mormadu1
    Options
    To all of you that are looking for a new MFP friend, please add me. I took a break from MFP during the holidays and have managed to lose 50% of the friends that I had (granted I only had 4), but I think support is key. So please add me as well. I hope all your journeys no matter if you just started or a year into them are going smoothly. If I don't hear from you, just remember it's your journey- stop making the comparisons with others and adding pressure and disappointment to yourself . Be happy and get motivated by your steps to getting healthy.
  • just_anne
    just_anne Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Me too! Add me and I will add you! The more support the better! : )
  • PINKinquisition1908
    PINKinquisition1908 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'll friend you. The MFP system is the best way to get support. Mine really help me and vice versa
  • alison590
    Options
    I would love friends too. I was on here before and was doing great. Got depressed and quit eating well and gained back 5 pounds. Now I'm back and serious about looking good for summer :)
  • JessMmmkay
    Options
    Feel free to add me! The more friends the merrier. :)
  • orlandomichael
    Options
    As someone mentioned further down about that slim thing not working, I try not to give advice but here is a good one to consider. For many it is best not to drink your calories. Drink only water and eat real food. The fiber etc in solid food will stay with you longer and keep you more satisfied.
  • HoolaHoopsMcGee
    HoolaHoopsMcGee Posts: 2,749 Member
    Options
    Always nice to have some support, would love to make some friends.
  • RToland45
    RToland45 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I am Rebecca and feel the same. I would like to be your friend!