MIght get blasted but.....This is what I have learned.

Options

Replies

• 00sarah
    00sarah Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Great post & congrats on your stable weight! Sometimes keeping it off is harder than losing it
  • lauriem1966
    lauriem1966 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Great post! I've tried to do low calorie, low fat....my body holds on tight. I eat more, eat some good fats and I lose. Some days its a struggle to eat enough because I feel so satisfied eating real food!
  • stfuriada
    stfuriada Posts: 445 Member
    Options

2. "put in, crowd out" you will find that as you put more greens in your body the "other" stuff just starts disappearing. It's not about you "can't' eat this or that, but add healthy stuff little by little and it's amazing but you forget about the other stuff. It's been proven time and time again in many scientific studies.

No amount of broccoli will edge out cheeseburgers for me, sorry.

But I do agree with some of your points.
  • jennb44
    jennb44 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I so agree with your post..thanks for all the get information. I only started back with MFP on 12/27/12, but was on it for almost 6 months last year and only lost about 5 pounds during that time according to the scale and I got so so discouraged that I stopped tracking and put 6 lbs back on. Now I am trying to not look at the scale as often and go by the way I feel instead and how my clothes fit. I am already seeing a difference in my clothing...my bra isn't as tight as before and my pants too. I am also doing a 20 min walking dvd (indoors) at least 5-6 times a week as well. Hoping to see better results this time from that. I really want to lose at the min. 15-20 lbs by July and 30-40 lbs by the end of the year.:smile:
  • jesssonj05
    jesssonj05 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I needed this today.
  • queenmluv
    queenmluv Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Great Advice!! Thanks!:smile:
  • wildfirediva
    Options
    I agree with everything but I have a question.... the days when I eat healthy, ( meaning vegan for me because of my religion, at least 2 times a week), I eat so much more than the other days..... if I eat only fruits, veggies, greens, legumes, I just cannot stay full, I am hungry all the time... so I usually go over my calories by a lot!!!!! basically I eat healthy, just too much of it!!!!! How to fix that?

Increase your protein and good fats on that day. Those help keep you full and satisfied longer. Drizzle veggies and beans with a little flavored olive oil for example. There are some GREAT vegan Protein powders. Personal favorites are PlantFusion, LifeBasics and Nutiva Hemp.
  • sarahi2009
    sarahi2009 Posts: 285 Member
    Options

2. "put in, crowd out" you will find that as you put more greens in your body the "other" stuff just starts disappearing. It's not about you "can't' eat this or that, but add healthy stuff little by little and it's amazing but you forget about the other stuff. It's been proven time and time again in many scientific studies.

No amount of broccoli will edge out cheeseburgers for me, sorry.

But I do agree with some of your points.

Oh I am not saying you can't eat junk food....tha't not it, but if you can eat healthy 70-80 percent of the time...you are there!! I haven't stopped eating burgers or junk food here and there!
  • cstrickland68
    Options
    I agree.Well said!!!
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    NIce write up, I especially like #2
  • caffeinified
    caffeinified Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Really good post. I'm learning these things slowly but surely. Thanks for the encouragement!
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    This is what I would do....the hell with the calories ;)...do you see a change in your clothes and the way you feel?
    If I eat lots of 'good calories' I get fatter - if I eat a little of what are traditionally considered 'bad' calories (keeping protein levels up) - I get leaner.
  • DawnMarieMomofTwo
    DawnMarieMomofTwo Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    totally agree. i did the bad foods but staying under for MONTHS didnt lose a single pound its so important to eat healthy~
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, it's great you worked out what works for you. Nice post and good on you for doing so well.
  • Betheriffic
    Options
    I've just joined and begun to diet, so I really appreciated what you posted. Thanks!
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    This has to be one of the most sensible posts I have ever seen on MFP. Thank you. And I completely agree that eating more healthy foods crowds out the bad stuff - much easier than actively trying to avoid things - focus on what you can eat, and what you need to eat, and then you can still treat yourself once in awhile, but there's just not much room when you're eating a lot of high fiber, high water content foods, and lean proteins. When I follow a truly healthy eating plan, I'm pretty darn full :tongue:
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Agree with what you said; I'm a big believer of cleaner fuel for my body and I keep telling my family and friends...maybe one day they'll actually believe me and start trying it. :smile:
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options

5. Excercise is good, it keeps your endorphins up and frankly it puts you in a better mood. However, you don't need to kill yourself at the gym. It is proven that excercise is mainly so you don't lose muscle but you can lose weight just by changing your eating habits! Don't get me wrong, please excercise if you so desire, but don't feel that you can't be healthy if you don't.

Finally, have fun...don't stress too much because that also keeps your weight on!

While I agree with much of what you said, and even that you don't have to go crazy at the gym, I do take issue with part of it. You can be thin if you don't exercise, but that is very different from being healthy. Exercise does much more than upping your endorphins and has been shown over and over again to have HUGE health benefits, regardless of weight. It's not just for weight loss and thin doesn't always = healthy.
  • lawi75
    lawi75 Posts: 14
    Options
    Thank you, just what I needed....great to confirm yet again that everybody is different so you need to experiment and see what is best for you. I started MFP in OCt and have only lost 7lbs despite excising 5 days a week and eating 1200 cal, honestly I think my body needs more energy than 1200cal so I am going to up the cal but more importantly GO healthy. Thank you again.
  • Rosplosion
    Rosplosion Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Love you for saying what you said. GREENS and FRUITS FTW. YES YES YES.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!