Five Months Till Summer Challenge!

Options

Replies

• kandkmommy
    Options
    I'm in
    CW-196-
    GW 140

I am currently doing a kettle bell workout. But I have always been super motivated at the begining then I start making excuses for not being able to keep up, then, eventually I just quit. But not this time. I need help and motivation though.
  • leomentlines
    leomentlines Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Sign me up!

Starting weight: 164 lbs
    Goal weight on 6/21: 135-140 lbs (wherever 19-20% falls at)

Today was a total body (strength workout) - tomorrow is step :)

Good luck everyone! I have a zombie bikini (zombikini) that has my name all over it for this summer!
  • tinamommy727
    tinamommy727 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I walked/ran on the treadmill today and burned 300 calories! I need to figure out how to add this to my food diary so I can be under my calorie limit
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    It seems everyone here has either a vacation to the beach or birthday/wedding/anniversary to look forward to.

I live on a subtropical island in a country where I will never be as thin as most of the natives. Definitely would like to just not feel like the beached whale in the crowd this summer!
  • Sexymama34
    Sexymama34 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I walked for 2 hrs and 30 mins, alot of hills :) but I really want to cut down on my carbs and thats where I really!! need the help..I crave them like there is no tomorrow!
    Hope everyone is having a great work out day :))

Deb
  • devbrown
    devbrown Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would like to join as well.

SW-170
    CW-165
    GW-115-120
  • cyoka13
    cyoka13 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Tina- I am new to MFP. For this challenge, do you create a group? Or how do we check in and track our progress?

Thanks!
  • sdrottman
    sdrottman Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi Tina-
    If you add it under the exercise section it should remove it from your calories on your home page.
  • tiffagetfit
    Options
    hi! =) I'm TIffany!

I am new to MFP but excited to join this!! I don't have much support/motivation from friends/family so this is great! I was in really good shape a few years ago but time flies!

SW 150
    GW 120ish

I am 5'5" and 24 years old

I am starting with the 30 day shred and eating around 1400 calories (per MFP)

Feel free to add me! I don't have any friends yet
  • Laurienor
    Laurienor Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in as well. This is the year I will be making changes as I just cant stand this anymore.

Starting Weight: 225lbs
    Current Weight: 219lbs
    Goal Weight: 165lbs
  • alanna81
    Options
    Set a reminder in my phone to weigh in every Friday at 5:40 (I plan to begin getting up at 5:30) and to take a progress pic Fridays at 7:40... Hope it will keep me motivated
    Also, I set a few mini goals... Like: under 200 by Feb. 1st...
    Monday I was 208.8, so I hope this goal is acheivable!
    Also, set a goal for start of spring
    and 165 for 6/21
    Trying to be reasonable, I don't think I can drop 70lbs in 5 months, but 40 may be doable!
  • EllyseClarke1
    Options
    Im in too! Deffo need motivation, im putting in all efforts but not seeming to be losing right now! So frustrating!
    CW: 180
    GW:140
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I was going to weigh myself this morning but since Friday is check in I’ll wait the 48 hours and check in then. I did hit my calorie goal yesterday.

Today was a weight room day: Squats 5X5, Military Press 5X5, Then dips, pull-ups, and push-ups and after that it was time to go. Tomorrow is a running day. I have 5 miles scheduled on my plan. 5 miles is about the longest I can go without having to bring water or Gatorade.

Cleanses are a waste of time. If you eat right and exercise that nasty feeling will go away on it’s own. Take the money you would use on a cleanse and buy a food scale.
  • tinamommy727
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm so glad you joined our challenge! Check in is tomorrow...I know one person who wants to check on Saturday which is fine by me. As for your response on cleanses Iplayoutside...thanks for the advice. That is what I keep hearing.....Everyone don't forget to do your food diary. And if anyone has any recipes, workouts, encouragement, please share. I will have to put together a Group for a challenge on this site. I will add the link as soon as I do it. I ask for everyone that is committed to join please. Thanks everyone! Lets get in shape!
  • tinamommy727
    Options
    Ashliemarie- I know how it is to look like a beached whale.......I am so envious...subtropical climate all the time! You lucky girl! I'm in Illinois it doesn't know if its spring or hard winter yet...one day its 50 degrees next it like 9...it plays havoc on your immune system.
  • suzannebradshaw71
    Options
    I am in. I am ready to get back to fit, healthy and happy. I have not felt this motivated in years. I am an X-health nut/ gym rat who has just let herself go! 5+ years of grease and southern food has me in horrible shape and a jelly body! I want to do this challenge for ME and my personal goals and my self-esteem. I have not been on a scale in forever, in fact when I go to the doctors I refuse the scale! Denial was were I have been. Reality check in and 2013 is my year to reclaim ME back. Lets do this.

CW: 165+
    GW: 125
  • kmposey72
    kmposey72 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in, need some support, motivation, and just plain old good advice :)...

My highest weight has been 328 and my lowest 173. I felt my best at 173 and I just don't think I would look right much smaller (my head is too big LOL)....

CW: 212
    GW: 170

Bye Bye 42 pounds!!!
  • tpfoodie
    tpfoodie Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Count me in.

Starting: 195
    Current: 185
    Goal: 125

I won't lose 60 by June 21st, but I wouldn't mind 20 or so!
  • joyfulteach
    joyfulteach Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I'm in.

SW: 191.6
    CW: 188.8
    GW: 160- not ultimate goal but realistic for June :-)
  • ashleytinney84
    Options
    I'm in! I'm going through a divorce and my ex just moved out (finally)! It's time to get back into shape!

SW: 178
    CW: 158
    GW: 135