Options
13»

Replies

• PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Aren't apples a negative calorie food?

Thats what I read on the internet.....

LSD skittles are also negative calorie food.

where do you find LSD skittles? i can only find skittle colored paper. it's very unsatisfying for the first 30 minutes, so i find myself eating too much.

then the universe turns into a giant squid and i miss work
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    That didn't prevent Steve Jobs to go to work

PHmws
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    Aren't apples a negative calorie food?

Thats what I read on the internet.....

LSD skittles are also negative calorie food.

where do you find LSD skittles? i can only find skittle colored paper. it's very unsatisfying for the first 30 minutes, so i find myself eating too much.

then the universe turns into a giant squid and i miss work
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    That didn't prevent Steve Jobs to go to work

PHmws

I'm a handful of skittles away from being a genius millionare
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    bc its a carb! carbs always make you hungry....which is why restaurants serve bread before meals bc inevitably it will make you want more food...but there's good carbs and bad carbs...when dieting apples and oranges are a great snack!peanut butter adds protein and a craving fix too. keep eating them!
    Then why does your mum always say "don't fill up on bread, leave room for your dinner" eh?
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Its the sugar spike and it happens to me too. The protein in the peanut butter slows the effect of the sugar, leveling the spike. This is why I make the effort to never eat fruit alone. I will take a small orange with me today, but I will also have a 1oz cube of low fat cheese to eat with it.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    If I am hungry and eat an apple, in 20 minutes I am hungrier than I was before eating the apple! If I have some peanut butter or cheese with the apple I'm fine, I just can't eat an apple by itself. Any idea why?

It kind of bugs me because I really like apples...

The protein and fat in the cheese and nut butter adds satiety
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I was always told that apples have a lot of pectin and that's supposed to keep you fuller? Apparently because I believe it, it must be true, because I don't have that problem :wink:

Maybe try adding a bit of protein--peanut butter, cheese--and that will help?

This is what I do. I tend to eat an apple with peanut butter for my morning snack.
  • Countryboy_
    Options
    Peaches make me hungrier...
    I can eat a peach for hours!

Dude, with that tiny little tongue...it probably would take you all afternoon to properly eat a peach...