400 LBS Again! Hello All

Options
Hey Everyone,
Just wanted to introduce myself and say hello. I've lost 78lbs and came to the crushing realization this morning that I've gained 50Lbs putting me back at the 400lb mark. I was very upset at first but I'm determined to not only lose the 50 I've gained but finally get to my goal. I'm so glad my friend introduced me to this site.
Looking forward to connecting with many of you.

All the best

Replies

• Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I just joined this site and so far I LOVE it! Good luck to you in your weight loss journey! :)
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Hi 'hawk--

Welcome to MFP. Since there are a lot of places for a newbie to poke around in order to get familiar, I am going to save you some time in finding some like-minded MEN to help support and encourage you.

Although some may swear this is a female-dominated site with no men participating, there ARE men on here, and though they may sometimes feel lost in the shuffle, there IS a thread just for guys under motivation and support called "Man to Man." I am including the link below. As soon as you make a post on it, it will come up in your "my topics" (as will any other thread you post upon) and I hope the guys on that forum can help you get started on the right path.

Good luck to you. Here is the link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/73025-man-to-man-a-support-system-for-men?page=18#posts-1268390
  • mlv333
    mlv333 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    You'll be able to do it. This site is amazing. I usually don't stick to picking healthy foods for as long as I have, because now I feel accountable for what I eat. It's silly I know, but it's working. Good luck, with lots of hard work and grumbling you'll be at your goal before you know it!
  • ScottieW
    ScottieW Posts: 10
    Options
    This site is amazing I have been doing this for a little over a month now and lost almost 30 LBS!
  • Beleau
    Beleau Posts: 143
    Options
    Hi,

Welcome and good luck. You are definitely with the right company.

B
  • emilyfh
    emilyfh Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    hi and welcome to MFP! You will love this sight, as I do. You will be surprised when you start logging in what you eat daily. You can still eat the foods you love, they just need to be re-done in a healthier way. Most important, get moving! Walk, walk, walk. get you a meter: 10,000 steps = 5 miles. I found that it helps me move more trying to get to that 5 miles a day. Start with 1 mile or what ever and work your way up, but get moving and record those calories. Remember the more exercise you do the more you can eat lol. So get busy! YOU CAN DO THIS!
  • tlilly80
    tlilly80 Posts: 27
    Options
    If you are ever having one of those days where you feel like it's too much to do and you just want to give up. READ THE BOARDS AND LOOK AT THE TICKERS! You will always find inspiration here :) Good luck on your journey.
  • mmrose00
    mmrose00 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    WELCOME!!!:flowerforyou:

Your going to LOVE this site! The MFP'ers are AMAZING!!!

You will certainly attain your goals using this site!! The one bit of advice I have for you is, to be honest with yourself!

Best of Luck on your Journey!! Looking forward to hearing about your your successes!!
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on your journey!
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Welcome, man! You can do this, and we're all here to help you in any way we can!
    Good luck!!
  • Chinuahawk
    Options
    Thank you All! I'm encouraged already! Ready for the next act of my life!
  • lovelypen50
    lovelypen50 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    You've joined a great site. I know about the attraction to fast food, so easy to fall into it, especially if your day is already full. Using this site will help you keep track of your intake, and will help you make better decisions. Good luck on your journey, Don't give up and keep looking forward.
  • Fabulocity
    Fabulocity Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hello there! Welcome! WE are hear to support you!

Warm regards,
    Fabulocity:drinker:
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Welcome, as everyone has already said this site will help you and some reason gives me the push to keep eating healthy. This site has the best tools of anything I have used in the past.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    Chinuahawk :bigsmile:

congrats!! 5 lbs down in the week you've been here, way to GO:drinker: :wink:

Becca:flowerforyou:
  • themethod
    themethod Posts: 257
    Options
    Great to see you here! Best of luck to you. :)