Juicing?

Options
Who has tried it, what success have you had, and any yummy recipes?

Replies

• lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I just ordered my juicer yesterday. Go to rebootwithjoe.com or myphyto.com to learn about recipes
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I prefer to chew my food, but good luck.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    A juicer is like a cheat code that allows you to unlock the secret levels of food.
  • lilRicki
    Options
    I prefer to chew my food too, but sometimes I have a hard time getting all my veggies in. I'm also looking for a way to boost my energy without caffeine.
  • jtslim42
    jtslim42 Posts: 240
    Options
    I juice one meal a day and I love it. I use mainly kale, spinach, 2 carrots and 1 granny smith apple.
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    I prefer to chew my food too, but sometimes I have a hard time getting all my veggies in. I'm also looking for a way to boost my energy without caffeine.

Most authorities don't count juice as produce, only one serving a day regardless of how much you drink. If you want to optimise energy eat a diet containing a balance of all the nutrients the body needs, fruit and veggies only supply a limited selection. Minerals and essential fatty acids are just as important as vitamins.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Gram of test
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options

Most authorities don't count juice as produce, only one serving a day regardless of how much you drink. If you want to optimise energy eat a diet containing a balance of all the nutrients the body needs, fruit and veggies only supply a limited selection. Minerals and essential fatty acids are just as important as vitamins.

Agreed... if you're drinking bottled stuff.. If you're juicing it yourself it ABSOLUTELY is produce and counts toward your five a day. You do get minerals from juice.. Guess what? you also get protein if you're doing it right! People hear the word "juice" and they instantly think of that brown bottled apple juice that is overly processed and devoid of all nutrition.. When I think of juice I instantly think of the mean green I drank this morning 199 calories 11 grams of protein 2 grams of fat... 1 cucumber, 4 celery ribs, 8 cups of kale, 1 granny smith apple, 1 lemon, 1 thumb size piece of ginger
  • lilRicki
    Options

But i sit at a desk and do a really boring job, hence the need for a boost every now and then. I've done extensive research, and refuse to put chemicals in my body, hence the reason why I'm going to juice. I can get WAY more veggies into 1 cup of juice then I can by eating them. After awhile you just get sick of it, and I don't know about you, but i'm not going to eat a stick of ginger just for the hell of it. And what authorities do you count as "most"? because my research shows that it is a significant part of a well balanced diet, not to mention that the minerals and nutrients absorb faster into your system then just eating an apple. I'm not going to juice 5 times a day, once a day for my mid-day snack.
  • ArroganceInStep
    Options
    thanx tips, didn't know i was looking for advice. I have a well balanced diet. But i sit at a desk and do a really boring job, hence the need for a boost every now and then. I've done extensive research, and refuse to put chemicals in my body, hence the reason why I'm going to juice. I can get WAY more veggies into 1 cup of juice then I can by eating them. After awhile you just get sick of it, and I don't know about you, but i'm not going to eat a stick of ginger just for the hell of it. And what authorities do you count as "most"? because my research shows that it is a significant part of a well balanced diet, not to mention that the minerals and nutrients absorb faster into your system then just eating an apple. I'm not going to juice 5 times a day, once a day for my mid-day snack.

It's a good thing you're the OP, thanks for clarifying the intent of the thread.
  • lilRicki
    Options
    I have a well balanced diet. But i sit at a desk and do a really boring job, hence the need for a boost every now and then. I've done extensive research, and refuse to put chemicals in my body, hence the reason why I'm going to juice. I can get WAY more veggies into 1 cup of juice then I can by eating them. After awhile you just get sick of it, and I don't know about you, but i'm not going to eat a stick of ginger just for the hell of it. And what authorities do you count as "most"? because my research shows that it is a significant part of a well balanced diet, not to mention that the minerals and nutrients absorb faster into your system then just eating an apple. I'm not going to juice 5 times a day, once a day for my mid-day snack.

It's a good thing you're the OP, thanks for clarifying the intent of the thread.

sorry, I edited it to make more sense
  • lilRicki
    Options
    god my computer sucks
  • Chibea
    Chibea Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    A juicer is like a cheat code that allows you to unlock the secret levels of food.
    This is a wonderful analogy!!! I'm not going to do the several day only juice thing anymore (tried it 3 times), because I just went right back to my terrible eating habits and gained more weight...that being said, juicing is wonderful for me as a daily boost for the 'secret levels of food". I feel so very much better every day I drink my juice!!!!!!
  • ArroganceInStep
    Options
    This is a wonderful analogy!!! I'm not going to do the several day only juice thing anymore (tried it 3 times), because I just went right back to my terrible eating habits and gained more weight...that being said, juicing is wonderful for me as a daily boost for the 'secret levels of food". I feel so very much better every day I drink my juice!!!!!!

The joke
    >

You
    >
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options

Love this analogy too! I did the same thing as you, when I first started I juiced a large variety of organic only veggies for two of my meals, ate one full meal (usually at lunch or dinner eating about 900+ cals at that meal alone) with 2 or 3 smaller cal (200 cals or less) per day snacks. I NEVER felt hungry nor deprived eating and drinking this way. In fact, I felt powerful and in control of my flesh/self spelled backward, drop the H). I also cut out all dairy, fast foods, white breads and pasta and all soda/store bought juices and meat (except for organic eggs and wild salmon/wild caught fish) and even stopped cold turkey my addiction to coffee (I LOVE coffee with flavored creams) and lost close to 20 pounds and lost a TON of inches from my waist and tummy mostly--but all over my body as well (dropped 4 to 6 jean sizes--going from a size 20W to a size 14-16 jean in 2 1/2 to 3 months). Even my SHOE size dropped a whole size down. My energy shot through the roof and I started exercising like crazy and hurt my foot--that's when I stopped exercising and then went back to my old habits and gained almost everything back in about 6 months. Also, I started juicing because I developed this weird and ugly skin disease or something, where hideous blotches and pot marks were developing all over my body and the doctor couldn't figure out why. Once I started juicing, in about 2 weeks or less, the blotches and skin yuck totally disappeared. I'd never had skin problems before and it hasn't come back.

I juice now every so often, but will begin adding juicing and subtracting many processed foods to my regular/lifetime wink regime this week. to my regular regime this week. I'm a living witness of two important things about juicing and restricting store bought/processed foods:

1.) It super worked for me in weight-loss and HUGE inches lost, healing of an ugly skin disease, increased stamina and energy and my hair and nails was growing like weeds. Even my eye-sight got better--things were FAR less blurry and I didn't need to wear my glasses as much (I'm near-sighted). Utterly amazing and miraculous!

2.) It (for ME...juicing and restricting as much processed foods as earthly possible) MUST be an entire and consistent lifestyle (meaning a daily way of eating, drinking, thinking and living) especially in the eating and drinking dapartment--regularly/FOREVER, because if not (if you use it as a temporary means of eating/drinking/diet...if/when you go back to your old way of eating, drinking and (sedentary) lifestyle...it WILL come back, you WILL regain everything (if not more) than you lost...at least I did.
  • ashquin
    ashquin Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    i love it. i juice once a day mid afternoon to hold me over sometimes. i would never sit and eat 6 carrots, 2 apples, 5 celery sticks, a whole bunch of kale, a clump of ginger etc. in one day or sitting
  • lilRicki
    Options

The joke
    >

You
    >

it's not a joke, stop trolling this thread...you're clearly out numbered
  • ArroganceInStep
    Options
    it's not a joke, stop trolling this thread...you're clearly out numbered

"A juicer is like a cheat code that allows you to unlock the secret levels of food."

You really think that was a serious comment?
  • Craigamears
    Craigamears Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    @Ricki - I think Fox was addressing folks who try to replace meals with juicing. Without the pulp, a nutritious carrot and apple turn into a high glycemic load for delivering their vitamins and minerals. You also have too look and see what enzymes have affinitiy for the pulp and are removed with it. From a nutritional viewpoint it is much better to eat the whole fruit or vegetable unless you have some severe absorbtion issues where you cannot breakdown the fiber to get to the vitamins/minerals in which case the mechanical assistance of the juicer is warranted.

I don't think anyone would argue that your veggie drink as an energy supplement is not a much better choice then a 5 hour energy shot!!
  • AuntieMC
    AuntieMC Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    bump