Shakeology

Options
Has anyone tried this? I ordered it last week and it should be arriving any day now. Interested in your thoughts if you have used it before. I'm not looking for some miracle drink, but I would like it to be a quick, effective meal replacement when I don't have time to cook a clean meal.

Replies

• gonzo2802
    Options
    I've never actually tried Shakeology, but one of my girlfriends used to swear by it. She had two little kids and didn't have time to get them ready in the morning, fit in her eliptical workout AND fix herself something to eat for breakfast. It seemed to work for her. :)
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    Shakeology is over priced for what it is. You can buy a giant tub of protein powder plus lots of fruts and vegetables to make your own smoothies that have a lot better nutrition ratio. You control what goes into your drink and get a lot more bang for you buck on every aspect.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Shakeology is over priced for what it is. You can buy a giant tub of protein powder plus lots of fruts and vegetables to make your own smoothies that have a lot better nutrition ratio. You control what goes into your drink and get a lot more bang for you buck on every aspect.

There it is right ^ there
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    no
  • Blastastic
    Blastastic Posts: 280 Member
    Options

^Exactly!
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    This website needs a search feature!
  • sljohn84
    sljohn84 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I got a sample once, ohh so gross! Its very gritty! lol and yes very overpriced.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    Meal replacements are another form of a fad diet. That's what this is. If you aren't willing to spend that money and use it THE REST OF YOUR LIFE, then it's just a quick fix.
    Do it right for the long term. Eat right, exercise, and stay within calorie restriction. There's no magic to this.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Eat food. And if you need extra, as the poster above said, use protein powders as they're a lot less expensive. Don't fall for the marketing.
  • tris57
    tris57 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've been using it for just over a week as a dinner replacement.

It is very expensive. It's not magic. It doesn't taste as good as they say (I find the aftertaste odd), but it doesn't taste awful. It is very convenient. I tend to have it around 6.30 and it fills me up for the night.

Given your expectations, it's pretty much what your looking for- depending on how you feel about the taste and expense. I recommend adding something to it (I add a banana), and always have it with ice.

There's another thread on here somewhere about alternatives, but I don't think anyone came up with something that was an all in one like Shake-O. It recommended using a green powder (i think that was the term), multivitamin and protein supplement combo, which worked out much cheaper.
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I'm with everyone else. Why not just make your own? MUCH cheaper and you also may find you can make them tastier by tailoring them to your desires.
  • MLR930
    MLR930 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I got a sample once, ohh so gross! Its very gritty! lol and yes very overpriced.

This! it was the strawberry one and it was like strawberry flavored chalk. So glad I didn't buy a whole thing of it. The only people who say it's great are the ones who sell it. I don't trust anyone's positive reviews.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Never tried it, but I honestly would rather spend the money on food I can chew that will fill me up.
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Shakeology works

Why?

It's a greens powder and protein powder combined.

These two products have been used for YEARS. Shakeology just combines them (so you don't need to buy them separately) and bumps up the price.

If you can afford it, buy it, if you can't then make your own version like I do! Udo's Greens Powder + good whey protein.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Shakeology works

Why?

These two products have been used for YEARS. Shakeology just combines them (so you don't need to buy them separately) and bumps up the price.

If you can afford it, buy it, if you can't then make your own version like I do! Udo's Greens Powder + good whey protein.

Spoken like a true salesman.
  • jdooks
    jdooks Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Shakeology works

Why?

Yeah, shakeology just combines them into a nutritional profile that ends up being pretty badly underdosed for these tried and trued nutrients to make a dent on ones health. I think one of the very few things that is nicely dosed in the product is fiber. That's about it.
  • ChristinaHz
    Options
    Awesome, thanks for all of the replies!! I think once I'm done with my first order I will look into buying the two powders and making my own!
  • jdooks
    jdooks Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Awesome, thanks for all of the replies!! I think once I'm done with my first order I will look into buying the two powders and making my own!

Or just take a quality multi-vitamin with your protein shake in the morning and a piece of fruit ;)
  • ashquin
    ashquin Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    yup