Super Quick- High protein breakfast???

Options
jackzlukasik
jackzlukasik Posts: 12 Member
I have a long bus commute and leave the house super early so I started eating Yougurt on the bus each morning so that i was having something before 9am every day. I used to eat when I got to work prior to that! I'm still hungry all day so I'm wondering if anyone has something they can suggest that doesnt require making in the morning. I can prepare food the night before or even the weekend before for the week ahead, but I just dont have time to make anything in the mornings. I know protein is supposed to help with feeling hungry and I'm wondering if that might help me stay on track!!!!

Replies

• TrueBlueBruin78
    TrueBlueBruin78 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hard-boiled eggs.
  • teamnevergoingback
    teamnevergoingback Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs..
    You can make them the night before and they have the protein you're looking for. No utensils needed either! Haha.
  • MommaKit79
    Options
    My sister-in-law pre-makes breakfast burritos (eggs, cheese, meat) and freezes them so all they ahve to do is grab, heat, and go! You could heat it while you are putting your coat on in the morning and it be done by the time you are ready to get out the door. She makes like 2 or 3 dozen at a time.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Here's a link to a recipe thread. SUPER good and can make them ahead. Just heat before you leave the house!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/711823-breakfast-quiche-muffins-74-calories-each
  • MamaJilldo
    MamaJilldo Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    large banana, light greek yogurt (more filling, high protein, low sugar/carb), and yes hard boiled eggs. Don't be skimpy on breakfast if you're feeling hungry through the day.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    This is my typical morning breakfast - you could almost certainly get away with making this the night before.

Vanilla Protein Powder
    2 tablespoons cocoa powder
    7 oz almond milk
    2 oz heavy whipping cream (for satiety. adjust for your personal needs)
  • Tw1zzler
    Tw1zzler Posts: 583
    Options
    I sometimes make a frittata - one slice per day, lasts all week. There are endless variations.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/frittata-recipe/index.html
  • Jaulen
    Jaulen Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    My sister-in-law pre-makes breakfast burritos (eggs, cheese, meat) and freezes them so all they ahve to do is grab, heat, and go! You could heat it while you are putting your coat on in the morning and it be done by the time you are ready to get out the door. She makes like 2 or 3 dozen at a time.

I do this :)

So nice to have on hand on those days I slept in a little too late.
  • Maddalen101
    Maddalen101 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Here's something tasty and quick, which I just made for lunch and would probably work for breakfast as well:
    1 container Kraft Cheesy Made Easy mac n cheese (single serving) - microwavable
    1 3 oz can solid albacore tuna in water.
    You make the mac n cheese in the microwave - follow the directions - they work, and it literally takes 5 minutes.
    Drain the tuna, and mix in.
    You'll get about 300 calories, 20 g protein, and 5 g fat. Very efficient and yummy eating!

I also keep hard-boiled eggs around for when I need a morning protein jolt.
    Ezekiel bread is very filling, and a good thing to have in the AM as well - I don't get hungry an hour later!
  • alaliberte
    Options
    I agree with the hard boiled egg and banana ideas but also I like a hand full of mixed nuts. If you eat them while drinking coffee or water they'll stay with you for a while. Sometimes I mix it up and do a chex mix thing...not sure if you want the added fat but I LOVE the taste--and you can add dried fruit. I really like the sweet and savory combo in the mornings.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,438 Member
    Options
    protein powder whipped into yoghurt also a quick fix. Even just stirring hard with a fork wil liquify the yoghurt a leave you with a smoothee/shake to drink or pour into a Travel Mug. (or use a whisk).

IF you were going to also mix in fruit (either fresh or frozen berries, or a banana for example) you would have to use a blender - but maybe that could be done the night before, and just a quick re-stir or whisking on the way out the door?
  • jeffsweightloss
    jeffsweightloss Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    i make up ahead of time egg cups (think cupcakes). i add what ingredients i want to the eggs, put the egg mix in a cupcake pan and bake. put them in fridge and you have them pre-made and ready to go. use an english muffin and you are set...almost an egg mcmuffin. use the search option and type in homemade clif bars...no bake and they look yummy. easy to make. the ingredients are unlimited in there bars...what ever you fancy try it. something else that is very fullfilling...try adding a lil wheat germ to your yogurt or smoothie. it's like oats...it swells up and makes you feel full.
  • Byrdsong1920
    Byrdsong1920 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Love the GNC Meal Replacement Shakes/high protein.Strawberry Cream is the bomb!! They are already pre-made and about $2 for 14 oz bottle. If you have time to quick blend, I love my Bullet Blender and mix almond unsweetened milk, protein powder, raw almonds, flax seed and can throw in some sugar free Torani Raspeberry or Carmel syrup. Add fruit to give extra calories and fiber! Good luck!
  • marias2gaa
    marias2gaa Posts: 118 Member
    Options

what kind of meat! Thank you!
  • jackzlukasik
    jackzlukasik Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! This recipes all look really delicious, I just wish I hadn't done all my shopping for the week. Oh well, guess I'll have to wait a few days to try them!
  • RambyPandy
    RambyPandy Posts: 118 Member
    Options

LOVE THIS idea! What do you use for the burrito shell? Any good recommendations on light wraps?
  • buzzcockgirl
    buzzcockgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    "LOVE THIS idea! What do you use for the burrito shell? Any good recommendations on light wraps?"

Flat-outs are only 90 cals and they are large enough to make a burrito/wrap. I looked everywhere in my Safeway in the bread dept for them, and then FINALLY realized they were by the deli right below the meat counter.
    High in fiber and protein!!!
  • RambyPandy
    RambyPandy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    "LOVE THIS idea! What do you use for the burrito shell? Any good recommendations on light wraps?"

Flat-outs are only 90 cals and they are large enough to make a burrito/wrap. I looked everywhere in my Safeway in the bread dept for them, and then FINALLY realized they were by the deli right below the meat counter.
    High in fiber and protein!!!

Thanks! I have to look for that.