Nuts...

Options
Ok so im trying to think of healthy things that i can snack on during the day, i thought about nuts? I love walnuts and cashews but are they healthy, because i know they have a lot of fat in them but isn't it 'healthy fat'? Are they a good source of nutrition or should i steer clear?

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Very healthy, great source of nutrients, like anything else, work it into your daily calories.
  • cyberiarob
    cyberiarob Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    You're right, they are a "healthy fat". Most people in here agree that cashews, almonds, etc. are a good healthy snack.
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    They are a great source of healthy fat, and are good for you. I snack on them frequently, but they are high in calorie so I make sure and watch serving sizes! I buy big bags and then divide them out into individual serving size bags. Otherwise I would just eat them all!
  • TravelDog14
    TravelDog14 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I'm munching on some raw almonds as I type.

Cashews and almonds are my go-to nuts, love them.

Just make sure you measure out the correct portion, they're easy to eat way more than you realize.
  • joyfulteach
    joyfulteach Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I buy the 100 cal packs to have on hand. Great snack!!
  • nosey_rosey
    nosey_rosey Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I love nuts.... cocoa roasted almonds are my fave and they curb the sweet tooth =)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Nuts are an outstanding nutritionally speaking. Good heart healthy fats, protein, as well as fiber and other micro nutrients your body needs. They are high in calories so you have to watch your portions. On that note, they're also a great way to up your calories for people who struggle with such things due to eating veg all day long thinking they're being "healthy".
  • spetermann190
    spetermann190 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Ok so im trying to think of healthy things that i can snack on during the day, i thought about nuts? I love walnuts and cashews but are they healthy, because i know they have a lot of fat in them but isn't it 'healthy fat'? Are they a good source of nutrition or should i steer clear?

Eat ALL the nuts .... Pecans, Walnuts, Cashews, not only high in protein but YUMMMMMYY!!!
  • spetermann190
    Options
    Going to get me handful of Pecans right now .... :)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options
    Also a great soruce of Magnesium.
  • spetermann190
    Options
    Darn It ... couldn't stop at one ... I think I'm up to four now ... I better go workout!!
  • dawnmm89
    dawnmm89 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I know you are young but you have to be careful with nuts when it comes to your colon. They do not process properly and in the long run can cause you issue. Great source of protein but you want to watch that you don't overdo them. Doctor told me that one at my last visit so I'm sharing the info. :-)
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    i love the naughty girl kind
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    i love the naughty girl kind

I love the naughty boy kind.
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    The best nuts around:

[img]http://www.trymynuts.com/images/products/corn nuts 300.jpg[/img]
  • nikbolok
    nikbolok Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I love nuts :love: Oh, we're talking TREE nuts...... just kidding, but srsly tho, cashews almonds pinenuts (toasted on my salads) walnuts macadamias all strike my fancy. They are packed with calories and fat, but they are good healthy fat. I'm all good with that. Just try to get the natural, non-processed, low salt (some even use MSG on their product, watch for that, like Fischer peanuts) varieties. ENJOY!! :drinker:
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I like the toasted coconut almonds. They're hard to find though.
    I also like dehydrated fruit. The other day I cut up some apples, applied lemon juice and cinnamon, then I cut up some strawberries and applied lemon juice, put them in the dehydrator and voila! Dried fruit!
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I love nuts!!!! pecans, almonds & walnuts are my favorites...in fact i'm going to go grab some right now
  • LouiseRoseG91
    Options
    Thank you ALL, Really helpful... Gna go find me some nuts! :laugh:
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I love nuts.... cocoa roasted almonds are my fave and they curb the sweet tooth =)

mmmm,cocoa roasted almonds sound so good!