Not losing.

Options
13»

Replies

• Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    good grief. I don't think some of yal are getting what I'm saying!!!
    Yes, LOVE the inches lost. I was so happy to see that.

Yes, I was still bummed that I had gained.

All I asked in my original post was an approximate time when the scale should be moving if I keep following all the MFP guidelines.
    That's all, I don't understand how anyone can get out of this that I'm starving myself, obsessed with my weight, or unhappy with my inches lost...

completely baffled at the ruckus this has caused.

Welcome to MFP. The forums have degenerated to crap, sorry about that :(
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    good grief. I don't think some of yal are getting what I'm saying!!!
    Yes, LOVE the inches lost. I was so happy to see that.

Yes, I was still bummed that I had gained.

All I asked in my original post was an approximate time when the scale should be moving if I keep following all the MFP guidelines.
    That's all, I don't understand how anyone can get out of this that I'm starving myself, obsessed with my weight, or unhappy with my inches lost...

completely baffled at the ruckus this has caused.

Welcome to MFP. The forums have degenerated to crap, sorry about that :(

No one but the OP was causing any ruckus
  • sylvabelle89
    sylvabelle89 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Alright Doozer, got it. Thanks for the advice.
  • na649475b
    Options
    I gained 4lbs during the christmas hols and now i am struggling to lose the weight again i do 40mins yoga and muscle exercise each day and eat around 1100 calories a day.
  • SylentZee
    SylentZee Posts: 262
    Options
    Really? I'm starving myself....yet I never go hungry.

I had a friend in high school who dropped 175lbs keeping her calorie intake around 1400 & fat around 40 a day. Exercised every day.

Now tell me again, how am I starving myself at 1600 a day.

I don't want to sound like pessimist, but, no one has the same metabolism they had in high school.

If you stick to your normal workout routine and find that you're not losing weight or any inches off of your body, then it's definitely time to add some change your workout. I hit a plateau and it took me FOREVER to get around it, but, once I changed my marcros and my workout, I lost 10lbs and 2 more inches on my waist.

I say give it time and see what your results bring in the upcoming weeks.
  • SylentZee
    Options
    I gained 4lbs during the christmas hols and now i am struggling to lose the weight again i do 40mins yoga and muscle exercise each day and eat around 1100 calories a day.

You may want to eat a bit more and add higher intensity cardio and see what that brings you. Balance out your carbs and fat, don't let them be the bulk of what you take in.
  • sylvabelle89
    sylvabelle89 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    what are marcos? And yes, this is true about your metabolism lol Didn't really take that into consideration
  • LaDonnaF
    LaDonnaF Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    macros are the breakdown of calories you're eating.... carbohydrates, fats, protein. different peoples' bodies react differently to percentages of fats vs. carbs, etc.

when you're eating lower calories it's better to have more filling proteins and fats over carbohydrates.... but everyone's different.
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Like ya said....it's only been a week....took ya longer than a week to gain right?

Don't weigh in weekly - let your body adjust
  • SylentZee
    Options
    macros are the breakdown of calories you're eating.... carbohydrates, fats, protein. different peoples' bodies react differently to percentages of fats vs. carbs, etc.

when you're eating lower calories it's better to have more filling proteins and fats over carbohydrates.... but everyone's different.

Exactly, everyone is different and you may want to do some research to pinpoint a ratio that revolves around your goal.

We're all rushing to get the holiday weight off but you can't rush progress lol.
  • gabriellejayde
    gabriellejayde Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I lost 9 lbs before the holidays on MFP. Wasn't exercising much at the time and gained some back during the holidays. Now I'm back on it and have been exercising an hour a day eating anywhere from 1200-1600 cals a day....and I've gained two pounds, but lost 2 inches. When am I gonna see the scale move in the right direction again?

next week.
  • hayleycreates
    hayleycreates Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Well I sure learned a few things from this thread!

1. I think I'm eating too few calories maybe too. MFP has me at 1370 per day. I'm 259, with a 155 goal (Please, I know the numbers don't count worth crap, but they are just a framework which is fluid)

I went to the site Dozzer mentioned, the fat2fitradio and got quite a surprise. I think it said that my BMR was 1901 calories. I'm pretty active now with cardio 5 times a week, yoga twice, strength training 3 times and zumba or swimming once a week. So I think I'll try upping my calories and see what happens maybe.

2. Nook - I totally understand. I can't wait to see the 199 on my scale too. I know scales are second class citizens and measurements, strength and how we fit in our bodies are most important - but when you've been over 200 for a long time, it's a really goal to see that 2 move to a 1. There is no denying it will be a feeling of fantasitc accomplishment. That being said, I suppose that it shouldn't be the focus, it should be the benefit. Know what I mean?

3. Ruckus Schmuckus, I've been on the end of that for sure. I made a HUGE mistake commenting on my feed to a MFP friend that hooray for logging 605 calories from exercise, but careful using them if you don't need too. I think I have the most hated MFP commentor posted on back. I was just trying to say that it really is all calories in vs. calories out (quality ones that is)
    So I know what it's like when you post something that seems so banal and it becomes misinterpeted and then you feel worse like no one understands.

Anyway - thanks for all the great information everyone. Much appreciated.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options

You may want to eat a bit more and add higher intensity cardio and see what that brings you. Balance out your carbs and fat, don't let them be the bulk of what you take in.

If she increases cardio, then she will further increase caloric requirements. She can simple just eat more for awhile but changing a routine will be good.
  • mallen404
    mallen404 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    If you aren't eating healthy ie, fruits, veggies, lean protein ( such as chicken) every day that would cause it.

It's 80% Diet and 20% exercise. the 80% is what you are putting in your body. I have LOST 10LBS but eating more fruit and veggies and protein and not eating processed foods..
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I'll admit I haven't read each and every post but check this one out, you need to make sure you're eating the right amount (for YOU not anyone else) http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I understand some people are telling you things you don't want to hear but really, you are either very young or very old and act very childish. Your replies to what people are advising are nothing short of temper tantrums. Grow up.
  • Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    "When am I gonna see the scale move in the right direction again?"

Oh... Sis. You are asking us to answer a question that is completely out of our control. Your body may be doing some simple adjustments to compensate for your diet, your exercise level or any number of other factors.

Just like you, many of us have let the scale control our feelings at time. I think that most of the folks on MFP have had the similar frustrations. We want to will that scale to show us a number. Then, we want to scream, when it doesn't show up.

You are so blessed to be almost to your 'magic number'. Believe it or not. That is my magic number too. I have to weigh less than 200 pounds to get surgery for my knees and be able to stand and walk again. I still have 55 pounds to go. I will celebrate with you, when you cross over from 200 to 199...but in the meantime, I will pray for you to see progress in everything that you do.

"I know I should probably reduce my exercising to 4-5 days a week and possibly eat more on those days but what other advice can y'all give me?"

My only advice is to be patient, Sis. It will come, if you continue to be faithful to your food plan and exercise regime. It has got you this far...hasn't it? Everything...in God's time. Love you, little sister.