51 years old, need to lose 42 pounds!

Options
I just joined! Got a long way to go.
Anyone out there with stats and goals? We could motivate each other :)
I have a treadmill, and for now that is the only exercise that I will be doing.

Start Weight: 192 lbs (last week!)
CW: 190
GW: 150
Height: 5' 7"

Replies

• acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I'm 52, 5'5"

SW- about 165
    CW - 131
    GW - 130
    I may change it to 125 after maintaining for awhile. I wouldn't mind a little insurance.
  • 4thebirds2
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    I'm in a similar boat as you but just starting today. Somehow this weight has crept up on me and I'm ready to take it off! Feel free to friend me, I could use the help. For now, walking/hiking will be my main exercise as I have an injured/frozen shoulder.

SW - 189 (this morning)
    GW - 160 (probably will reassess when I get there)
    Height - 5'6"
    Age - 52
  • CricketsGirl
    CricketsGirl Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm 58 and have just started today. I signed on some time ago but didn't get started then. I have 41 pounds to lose and have been having trouble staying motivated.

start 211
    goal 170
    ht 5'8"
  • ArizonaDreaming
    ArizonaDreaming Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your responses!
    I swear---recording everything I eat on MFP is fun...and it WORKS! I am so psyched. I have only lost 3 lbs, but it has only been 1 week : )
  • Danny4402
    Options
    Hi 37 here,,,,not a great deal to loose however I am looking to get healthy and maintain feel free to add me for support ppl we can all do with a little help good luck with your journeys
  • bandedsandi
    bandedsandi Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I turn 50 in Feb 2013 and I need to lose 50kg... (Have lost 15kg so far, since Oct 2012) so I'll definitely be here every day! Feel free to add me for mutual support!
  • eAddict
    eAddict Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I am 51. Started at 265lb when 50... just got down to 208. Still a few more stubborn ones to go. Feel free to add me!
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    47 here (how did That happen?) I'm 'skinny fat'...... look ok with clothes but % is way out of wack. Need to keep exercises and watch what goes in the mouth.

no matter the numbers, its Hard!!!!

Welcome!! feel free to add me.
  • CricketsGirl
    CricketsGirl Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm not really sure how this works. Now that we've introduced ourselves, does someone start a group or do we just keep posting on a message board? I've had a great couple of days sticking to my plan and exercising after work. I hope I can keep up the motivation.
  • 1960HikerDude
    1960HikerDude Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'm 52 and I've dropped 50 pounds, (45 since joining MFP). You can do it too! I'm sending you a friend request.
  • moxie1962
    moxie1962 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am new to this site, and yet again trying to lose. I had no idea that reaching 50, and peri-menopause would make losing weight so difficult. I lost 60 pounds just back in 08, but hard to maintain when I relocate.