Fitbit, and other trackers

Options
do you use them? do you like it? pro's and cons of what you got.

I am trying to decide if i want to get one or not. Sometimes i really want to, but then i think they just seem like big toys and i am ok without it. so what do you use, and do you like it is my question.

Replies

• gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit ultra. I love it~! The only con is that little plastic holder snapped after several months. They are expensive and folks have lost them. Someone posted a tip to loop a rubber band around it and pin it to your clothes. I've done that and it still works great even without the plastic clip.

There are newer ones out and you can get them at Best Buy. 2 for $99 or $59 each
  • _kannnd
    _kannnd Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    My husband bought me the Fitbit One for Christmas and I'm in love with it. It tracks my steps and floors climbed and tells me when I'm really active. I love the graphs on the online dashboard so I can see my progress. And I love that it tracks my sleep. I've worn it every day since Christmas. I usually clip it to the middle of my bra, and it works fabulously!
  • cocolicious2
    cocolicious2 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have the bodyfit media and I love it. It is a little bit pricey, but so far for me it is really worth it. It is about $100 plus $6.95 a month for the subscription...The price is the only con for me.

It links with MFP so when you log your food intake on MFP it shows up there.
    It tracks calories burned and consumed, Physical activity, steps taken, and sleep duration. You wear it on your arm day and night. You take it off about an hour each day to charge it and let it update on your computer. It is very easy and I dont feel it when I am working out or sleeping. I know when I tossed and turned all night and when I got a good nights sleep. It is even counting the little calories that you burn while washing dishes or walking to the car, every little thing.
  • gsschulte
    gsschulte Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have a body media link and with the iphone app and MFP link it is pretty darn cool. everything talks to each other so I can look at mfp or at bodymedia and it has total calories burned and total calories eaten and the deficit so I know each day what happened and well what didn't happen. Great tool but you can get exactly the same thing with a little bit of math and a good journal. but for me I paid 149 on amazon and I am very happy with the product and the information aggrigation that it has. and later I can add a garmin HRM monitor and it will sync as well so kind of a good thing in that respect.

to be fair FITBIT is cheaper and does 99% the same stuff, the calorie tracking is going to be a bit different and it will not log lifting as well but by and large it will give you about the same info for a cheaper price. I choose the body media because it measures off you and while wearing it I have a lesser chance of losing it and while at the gym I have one less thing to carry transfer to the gym clothes. so that was worth it to me.