is 4 lbs a month too little?

Options
have lost 4 lbs in a month - is this too little - i exercise 5 times a week and follow the calories pretty closely but soemtimes i think if i am eating 1600 calories to 1700 its too much even though iv'e run a 5 k that day
thoughts?

60929.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• jacbac
    jacbac Posts: 12
    Options
    have lost 4 lbs in a month - is this too little - i exercise 5 times a week and follow the calories pretty closely but soemtimes i think if i am eating 1600 calories to 1700 its too much even though iv'e run a 5 k that day
    thoughts?

60929.png
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    For the amount of weight you have to lose, 4 pounds a month is good, I think.

By the way, looks like you copied the wrong code for your ticker--go back in the ticker set-up page, get the code that says for BB (bulletin boards like this one) and then paste that code into your signature. Then your ticker will show up automatically.
  • jacbac
    jacbac Posts: 12
    Options
    oops i work out 5 x a week not a month LOL

thanks for the ticker
    60929.png
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    have lost 4 lbs in a month - is this too little - i exercise 5 times a month and follow the calories pretty closely but soemtimes i think if i am eating 1600 calories to 1700 its too much even though iv'e run a 5 k that day
    thoughts?

Haha. Ok. You exercise 5 times a week.
    1 lb/week is fairly normal and expected.

Is your 1600/1700 cal/day including your exercise calories? If so, I easily get that most of the time when I workout. MFP currently recommends 1200cal/day without exercise (for me.) GL and keep it up! You should be proud of your progress.:flowerforyou:

BTW, I agree with Shorerider, because you don't have that much to lose, you are losing at a good rate.
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I looked at your profile, there is not much there :flowerforyou: ,but if I guess right you are probably close to your ideal weight? I also think that if you run a 5 K you should have more then 1800 calories to eat.....Why don't you read the posts from Bank about eating your exercise calories and about starvation mode... it made sence to me .
    I have changed my eating habits and eat 5 to 6 small meals a day, exercise 5 to 6 days a week for about an hour a day and it seems to work great for me and I'm eating around 2000 calories a day and I'm still loosing....
    These are just some sugestions, you know your own body better then anybody else ......and not everything works for everybody ... I wish you success:drinker: