Newbie looking for friends and advice.

Options
Hello everyone!

My name is Diana, I am 22 years old and this is my first time on the forums on MyFitnessPal. I've used the app before as part of my sporadic attempts to lose weight but never really stuck to it. This time around is different, now that I hit 200lbs I know its time for a change. I am so unhappy with myself!! Although I have not encountered any health problems yet, I know that being overweight puts me at risk. I want to fit into cute outfits and be happy with myself. I promised myself this new year that I will lose 86lbs by the end of the year, and I definitely know I can achieve it, I just have to stop being lazy and get my a** to the gym!! Any advice or comments would be appreciated!!! I would love to get to know more people that are doing this with me! :)

Replies

• gumby101ca
    gumby101ca Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Add me if you want ! !
  • grinner30
    grinner30 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Welcome and Good luck! Feel Free to add.
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    add me if you would like. I went from 250 pounds to 187 pounds where I am now.
  • stacymariemoser
    stacymariemoser Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Diana,

I have learned so much over the last 2 years about being fit and living a healthy lifestyle. Add me if you wish, I would be happy to help any way I can. YOU CAN DO THIS, SET YOUR GOAL AND SHOOT FOR THE STARS:)
  • mrsjas2000
    mrsjas2000 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like I am on everyday
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    welcome!! :flowerforyou:
    Feel free to add me!
  • UnoDrea3732
    UnoDrea3732 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! Feel free to add me if you would like!
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me
  • Lbradd
    Lbradd Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been on this site for a while now but this time I'm much more dedicated and ready for a change! I have also made a promise to myself to get fit and healthy again and I am going to stick to this promise! Along with half of the world, my lifestyle change began on January 2nd and so far I've logged in everyday and recorded my food. I've also been stepping it up and getting back in the gym and I can't tell you more how great I've felt so far! I know it's only been a few days but I feel fantastic already. Feel free to add me if you'd like and best of luck! :)
  • Queen_Adrock
    Queen_Adrock Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm Diana too! Feel free to add me, since you already know I'm awesome
  • deedee_smilesz
    deedee_smilesz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been on this site for a while now but this time I'm much more dedicated and ready for a change! I have also made a promise to myself to get fit and healthy again and I am going to stick to this promise! Along with half of the world, my lifestyle change began on January 2nd and so far I've logged in everyday and recorded my food. I've also been stepping it up and getting back in the gym and I can't tell you more how great I've felt so far! I know it's only been a few days but I feel fantastic already. Feel free to add me if you'd like and best of luck! :)

I know the feeling of getting back to the gym! I honestly dread it in the beginning but once I exercise I feel so much more energized and my mood changes completely. Good luck to you too!:)
  • allmountain76
    allmountain76 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Happy if you want to add me.

I found that when I set a realistic weekly goal on here and include some basic cardio exercise results follow. The smart phone app is a real motivator as you can see the impact just a moderate amount of cardio makes to your projected weight loss.

And remember to keep it fun, or as fun as you can make it. Exercise doesn't have to mean hours of pain in the gym and the more you do the less calorie counting becomes an issue.

Oh, one last thing, most people i know found that that first step was the hardest, after that the routine of exercise and healthy eating became the norm and actually became almost addictive. Almost like good diet and exercise breeds the energy to do more!
  • ELCABRA
    ELCABRA Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hey momma, I know you are all gung ho right now but start slow and build up your endurance and your confidence don't go all out from the start cause when it gets tough you may falter, besides it is really easy to get injured early on while you find your legs. Oh also I suggest make your food diary public and put everything on there even if you have a bad day, you gotta teach yourself accountability. Best of luck homey...
  • TheDarlingOne
    TheDarlingOne Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Hi Diana!
    Well 1stly, welcome back to myfitnesspal. (lookit me all talkin like I'm a seasoned vet here haha) I've had a myfitness acct for quite sometime, but it's now being involved in my work, so I thought I'd log in and give it an earnest shot. You're welcome to add me if you'd like. Last time I was in the 200's was....senior year of high school. So I'd be jealous of you lol.
    One thing that I'm going to try this time around...is work on smaller #'s.
    For example, you may see my ticker/weightline thingie - says I only have like 17.5lbs to go. Well, clearly I do not haha. But I'm going to take it in smaller SMALLERRRRR increments. If I was to look at things and say okay well all i need to lose is about 250lbs...heck you'd never see me back on this thing lol.
    But you know, 17.5lbs..I think that's do-able. ;-)
    Hope things work out well for ya pal!
    TheDarlingOne :)
  • fightininggirl
    fightininggirl Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    any one is welcome to add me! I love to help people and support them