Losing the weight before a pregnancy!

Options
2»

Replies

• Heavensblessings
    Heavensblessings Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have never wanted to lose weight so bad in my life. September 2012, My husband and I miscarried our first child at 5 months Pregnant. We had a very complecated pregnancy due to my health. Now, its only been a few months and my husband's ready to start a family again. But my main focus for the past few weeks has been losing 40 pounds and being healthy. Feel free to Add me, I could use some support.

So sorry to hear about your loss. I have never had a miscarriage but my sister went through one 2 months ago so I know its a very tough time! I hope you are doing better now and that you will be able to lose the weight quickly :)
  • Mrs_Winfrey
    Mrs_Winfrey Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I had lost nearly 10 lbs (23 was my total goal) when I got in to an accident that totaled my car in September. I have worked out twice since then and my diet is complete crap now. The husband and I have decided we are ready to try for a second baby, but I am so super worried about gaining weight during a pregnancy on top of what I've gained back. I am currently getting back in to the groove, as we have not succeeded in pregnancy just yet. Hopefully I can start feeling better about myself and maybe it will help our chances if I am healthier :)
  • telizad
    telizad Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hey there all,

I am also losing weight before the hubby and I start trying to conceive. Please feel free to add me. Would love to have people with same goals.

Tonya
  • mojox2003
    mojox2003 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I already have 3 children but me and my partner who is not the father to my other children, want to try for a baby in 2014 im 292lbs at the mo so have over a year to loose as much as I can.

I realy am into this so much and want to loose the weight very badly as with my other children I have always been around 280lbs so never small and I want my last pregnancy to be as easy and as healthy as I can have it. We are also planning on geting married so the smaller I can be for that the better lmao.

So feel free to add me
  • tat2dzombiegirl
    tat2dzombiegirl Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    BUMP

I love this thread. My partner and I have lost 50lbs between us over the past few months. I wanted a baby for years. Now it's serious and he wants to wait until May to start trying and get everything in order. For him to lose more weight, save up some money, etc The more I think about it though, I am really enjoying my fitness journey so who knows if it will be longer. But it is so good to see people are just like me. What's your ideal weight before getting pregnant?

Feel free to add me.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    I wasn't trying to get pregnant. I actually never wanted to have kids and never had any desire to be a parent. I thought it worked out for me when a former gyn told me I wouldn't be able to get pregnant. I went about my business...

I started working out and eating better and became by far the healthiest I'd ever been as an adult. Lo and behold, I was healthy enough to get pregnant. 7 months into my pregnancy, I'm only 12 pounds heavier and try to make the best choices I can to have a healthy baby and not gain 50+ pregnancy pounds.
  • sl0622
    sl0622 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Getting pregnant is probably a year away from me - - but I figure that until then I am going to focus on looking and feeling as best as I can... And getting used to controlling portions and making it second nature. My doctor (who was 38 weeks pregnant at the time and was sharing her calorie counting app with me during my appt) said that when you're pregnant, you really only need about 300 extra calories a day! And that's why it's so easy for women to pack on the pounds during pregnancy - - 300 is not a whole lot! I can eat 300 calories in a snack! ha.

So yeah - I am in the same boat - want to get to my goal body fat/weight before getting pregnant.
  • tat2dzombiegirl
    tat2dzombiegirl Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Congrats! The human body is so tricky and amazing. You look great!
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Yep! Me!! I have three kids, but have always wanted 4. I have 82 more to my ultimate goal, tho. It may be a while.