Larabar bites - 28 calories - 3 ingredients/pictures

Options
13»

Replies

• arrawyn79
    arrawyn79 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I just finished making my first batch of larabar bites. I did eat two before I put them in the freezer! However, I do not have a food processor and instead I used my blender. It didn't work as well as a food processor would have. I was only able to make 22 teaspoon size larabar bites out of this recipe. That's because I used a blender instead of a food processor? A little chunkier, I suppose? So each bite will have more calories??

Last time when i made a similar date ball thing i used my blender cuz i didn't have a food processor and it was NOT good! (though I think it wizzed it up pretty good. But did not work very well in my blender and it was hard to get out! so i ran out and got a cheap ($10) mini food processor to make these and it worked a lot better - though these ones seem nuttier than the last recipe I tried...
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Would be great after a workout. Thanks for sharing. :bigsmile:
    For me they'd be great before a work out!
  • hungergames324
    hungergames324 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Yum! I love larabars! I'm going to have to give these a try!
  • nortx
    nortx Posts: 130
    Options
    This recipe is definitely a hard mixture for a food processor, that's why the addition of a small amount of liquid. Give your processor a help by roughly chopping up your dates and nuts. The smaller the better. The ingredients will be done when they sort of get into a ball like when you mix dough. The consistency is like that of a nutty truffle... moist, smooth and tiny bits of nuts.

Of course you can make the texture anything you would like - chunkier or smooth like the picture - your decision and taste dictates.

I love the idea of rolling them in cocoa - more like a truffle. And serving them in tiny truffle papers would add to the elegance. Usually they disappear pretty quickly here.

Again... chopping your ingredients helps the whole process... and add some of the liquid at the beginning but hold back some until you see how the mixture is going. I used 24 pitted dates and 3/4 cup of mixed nuts.

Enjoy!
  • jjennasmithh
    Options
    bump
  • tnqnt
    tnqnt Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    bump !
  • oOMusicBabii
    Options
    Yes! I had a recipe for homemade ones a while ago but lost it :(

I like the idea of these little bite ones, especially with the colder weather running and activities coming...throw a couple in a bag and into a pocket and off you go.
  • Eskimopie
    Eskimopie Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    bump for later...
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Hadn't seen this thread in a while :)