protein shakes

Options
Can anybody recommend a good protein shake, I have looked at several but not sure which one is the best, I work out at least 3 time a week but I don't feel much like eating in the morning, I still have about 30lbs to loose

Replies

• SmileyFaceGuy
    Options
    Body Fortress protein powder

You can buy a 2 lb. tub for about $15 at Walmart. Tastes decent. I mix mine with 2% milk.
  • mhoward978
    Options
    have you ever heard of body bi vi they have the best shakes
  • belizsera
    belizsera Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    My favorite protein shake is BSN's Lean Dessert Protein in Cinnamon Roll. It is so delicious. Second best would have to be Optimum Nutrition's Gold Standard Protein Powder in Banana Cream. Both brands have a variety of flavors. Those are just my favorite.
  • CrazyAnne
    CrazyAnne Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I use Nature's Bounty. Check out the site.
    http://www.naturesbounty.com/categories/OPTIMALSOLUTIONS
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    My favorite protein shake is BSN's Lean Dessert Protein in Cinnamon Roll. It is so delicious. Second best would have to be Optimum Nutrition's Gold Standard Protein Powder in Banana Cream. Both brands have a variety of flavors. Those are just my favorite.

Im using BSN Lean Dessert at the moment. Taste is awesome with water! I also use Gaspari myofusion.
  • xF7x
    xF7x Posts: 143
    Options

You can buy a 2 lb. tub for about $15 at Walmart. Tastes decent. I mix mine with 2% milk.

Same as above... make it with low carb ice cream and strawberries... EVERY MORNING..
  • musicmeg83
    Options
    I really enjoy EAS- can be bought at walmart or CVS.
  • twill68
    twill68 Posts: 84
    Options
    ever tried Cambridge FFL shakes? Cambridge food for life??? good effective stuff! :bigsmile:
  • mkinley254
    Options
    EAS Lean 15 is tasty. Vanilla cream and you can add your own flavor. I put a few pieces of frozen peaches, and light soy and blend it.
  • tat2dzombiegirl
    tat2dzombiegirl Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I used to use body fortress. I now use Optimum Nutrition whey in double chocolate. It blends better than the others I've tried and tastes like real chocolate.
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    They aren't protein shakes.

Optimum Nutrition or BSN are the best that I've ever had.
  • rsmblue
    rsmblue Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I use Herbalife... I like their Protein Drink Mix better then their Dutch Chocolate Formula 1
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    They aren't protein shakes.

Optimum Nutrition or BSN are the best that I've ever had.

I was recommended to try Optimum Nutrition by several MFP buddies and did research and seemed to be a nice choice. I just got mine today (the double chocolate..hehehe) and it's pretty good - taste and nutrition wise.

ETA: But I am not using this to lose weight. I need it to help me get in my protein.
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options

ETA: But I am not using this to lose weight. I need it to help me get in my protein.
    I use it for both a Meal Replacement (with a healthy fat & fruit) and post-workout to hit my protein macros. Yummy stuff with water or milk.
  • KirstenTheFamilyCoach
    Options
    Be careful of anything that is more about making money than the actual product. (Shakeology and Body by Vi are both about marketing at least as much as they are about your health)

Read the label and see what you are actually putting in your body.

Visti a local health food store (a real health food store) and speak with their nutritionist on duty.

Google smoothie and shake recipies you can make out of real food. I make mine ahead and then freeze them in a cupcake pan so that every moning I just have to pop some smoothie-cicles into the blender quickly.

Remember that some bodies don't feel satiated with a drink (regardless of how many calories are in there or how full the ad swears you'll feel) Some bodies just don't "get" that they drank their breakfast. Just something to consider.

Good luck on your quest for what's right for you :flowerforyou:
  • Cassierocksalot
    Cassierocksalot Posts: 266 Member
    Options

Same as above... make it with low carb ice cream and strawberries... EVERY MORNING..

Don't forget the hot fudge!

Seriously though, just like with everything else you eat, start looking at nutrution labels. Every protein powder I've ever found at Walmart/Target/Walgreens is high in calories and low in protein. Try to find a good balance here and worry about the flavor later. I don't LOVE the flavor of mine, but it's only 150 calories for 32g of protein. I mix it with a banana (for leg cramps), 3/4 a cup of frozen mixed berries, flax seed and a cup of water and call it breakfast.

Also, most stores that specialize in this type of thing will give you free samples so you can try out the flavors before you invest $50 in a tub of it. Good luck!
  • belizsera
    belizsera Posts: 82 Member
    Options

Im using BSN Lean Dessert at the moment. Taste is awesome with water! I also use Gaspari myofusion.

Bsn LD was the first protein powder that made me change my mind about protein powders. The flavors are fantastic and blend well with water. I get no lumps. ON is also great. I started buying it because I can buy a huge canister and it lasts forever. I also like to get the boxes of assorted flavors. That way I can change up flavors and not get tired.
  • Nebrie
    Nebrie Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I use Biox. The one I use is a whey isolate. The chocolate flavor tastes like chocolate milk. (even when prepared in water) The chocolate peanut butter tastes like a Reece's cup. The banana-strawberry is gross on it's own. In a smoothie with yogurt and fruit it's okay.
  • xF7x
    xF7x Posts: 143
    Options

Don't forget the hot fudge!

Seriously though, just like with everything else you eat, start looking at nutrution labels. Every protein powder I've ever found at Walmart/Target/Walgreens is high in calories and low in protein. Try to find a good balance here and worry about the flavor later. I don't LOVE the flavor of mine, but it's only 150 calories for 32g of protein. I mix it with a banana (for leg cramps), 3/4 a cup of frozen mixed berries, flax seed and a cup of water and call it breakfast.

Also, most stores that specialize in this type of thing will give you free samples so you can try out the flavors before you invest $50 in a tub of it. Good luck!

140 cals, 2 gr fat/sugar, 26 gr protein in 1 scoop all for merely $ 15.00
    Works for me.. And the taste it is quite good.

Now, my all time favorite it is a GNC one but i would buy it when sams has it, they sell it for $19.00 when gnc sells the SAME SAME SAME thing for $48.00
    Talk about marketing and ripping people off.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I bounce back and forth between Body Fortress, MuscleTech Six Star and Optimum Nutrition (depending on which store I'm in when I remember that I need to buy some). All of them are pretty close in calories, macronutrients, taste and how easily they blend - I don't really have a strong preference for any one over the other.