a lil help for my friends

Options
so I have been reading sooo many posts today and it appears the hot topic of the day is "people are hungry."
What advice can you share that you do when you are feeling hungry and just want or need that feeling to go away?

For me, I drink water. I find that I often mistake hunger for thirst ( who knew??) If I still feel hungry then its usually because I am bored so I call a friend and chat for a bit or (in better weather) go for a walk or something to buy time for a few minutes and find that the craving will usually go away.
What do you do?

Replies

• ReaGaladriel
    ReaGaladriel Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I drink water or I drink tea. :)
    But I try to eat 5, 6 meals a day,, that way I don't have the time to get hungry and my metabolism is faster. I highly recommenced doing that. :D
  • johnnybowman1
    johnnybowman1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Herbal tea is my guilt-free option!
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I am trying make myself get up and move! That way I get a little exercise and maybe get something productive done. I usually feel "hungry" out of boredom. I find that if I can occupy my mind, the hungry feeling just goes away. That means I wasn't really hungry at all. Other tricks are to drink some water or brush your teeth.
  • jencat59
    Options
    Have you really lost 52 lbs that is amazing how did you do it:smile:
  • MrsGGG
    MrsGGG Posts: 3
    Options
    I find adding more protein to my foods help, hummus is a huge staple for me . Herbal tea is great! The first week will be your toughest since your body is trying to adjust. When you feel hungry try getting up and doing something.
  • alifer
    alifer Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    so I have been reading sooo many posts today and it appears the hot topic of the day is "people are hungry."
    What advice can you share that you do when you are feeling hungry and just want or need that feeling to go away?

For me, I drink water. I find that I often mistake hunger for thirst ( who knew??) If I still feel hungry then its usually because I am bored so I call a friend and chat for a bit or (in better weather) go for a walk or something to buy time for a few minutes and find that the craving will usually go away.
    What do you do?

Mistaking thirst for hunger is very common. I usually drink water.
  • jrocnrun
    Options
    Im trying to figure it out. These last three days Ive been hungrier than ever. an hour after eating, and im hungry again. I think its because i spent so many weeks eating everything, that now my stomach has to get used to less food. or something. everyone says eat the right foods to feel full, but even the "right" foods cost soo many calories. 90calories for a banana? good grief. lol
  • jrocnrun
    Options
    im glad to hear it gets easier. lol