I am sorry if I have no picture

Options

Replies

• MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    . You wouldn't want to be in their clique anyway.

^^This^^ has become all to clear lately. If I ever start acting like a diva just because I lost a bunch of weight, please someone kick me.
    haters_zps86421c99.gif
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I don't like adding my pics too. But I post something just to give people some idea. I mean, having thousands of people with the same default blue profile pic gets confusing and it gives the illusion that you're not serious.

Just post a picture of somebody who's body you are working towards getting. Like a goal body pic. Or, like in my case, something that represents something about you.

Good luck :)
  • HappyNewSarah
    Options
    This is actually my second time around. I was on this site for over a year and, since I've been back, I never found so many people ready to be mean for no reason. I actually don't really keep up with who accepts me and who doesn't but I do know that no one on my FL would choose to be mean just for the sake of being mean.
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I try to stay out of cliques on here. You will notice members on here acting like the regulars at a gym when the New Year comes. They hate all the newbies giving it a shot. Yes, lots will drop off but some won't. You never know. Just remember that its the internet and even though you do not know these people they will still form cliques and post things that simply irk the HECK out of you! Its how it goes. But trust me, you will find a good group that motivates you and you mesh well with, you just need to keep looking. Good luck to you for trying something new and I wish you the best of luck on your journey...picture or not! :)
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    This is actually my second time around. I was on this site for over a year and, since I've been back, I never found so many people ready to be mean for no reason. I actually don't really keep up with who accepts me and who doesn't but I do know that no one on my FL would choose to be mean just for the sake of being mean.

Sorry but nobody in this thread was mean to anyone except you.

Unnecessary name calling and derailing of a thread is unnecessary
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I don't like adding my pics too. But I post something just to give people some idea. I mean, having thousands of people with the same default blue profile pic gets confusing and it gives the illusion that you're not serious.

Just post a picture of somebody who's body you are working towards getting. Like a goal body pic. Or, like in my case, something that represents something about you.

^ what taunto said. You can always post a funny pict or something like that.
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    speechless.gif
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I'm sure.
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options

^^This^^ has become all to clear lately. If I ever start acting like a diva just because I lost a bunch of weight, please someone kick me.
    You will, so I'll be ready to kick you when the time comes.

Yay for people who have been on the site for all of a week, yet think they have it ALL figured out.
    This makes me sad. Some people will leave a site like this due to attitudes like this. It has become a very useful tool to me...luckily I know what to ignore. I would hate to think we are turning away people who could benefit from MFP due to attitudes like this. Yes, they may be new, maybe they act like they know it all from lifting weights to genetically enhanced whatevers...but just like you hate people dropping assumptions/opinions/etc your way, they to dislike negativity. There hopefully I solved all internet forum problems with this post! Next off to conquer world peace!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

It didn't seem like the OP said anyone was being mean? Just that they thought that lacking a picture may be why they had denied friend requests?

You've made two posts in this thread about your anger at people in the forums. Perhaps that would be better suited in a blog post, and not in hijacking OP's thread? That, and having two accounts, is technically against forum rules...
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

It didn't seem like the OP said anyone was being mean? Just that they thought that lacking a picture may be why they had denied friend requests?

You've made two posts in this thread about your anger at people in the forums. Perhaps that would be better suited in a blog post, and not in hijacking OP's thread? That, and having two accounts, is technically against forum rules...

Does seem like some serious bitterness is seeping out from a couple peeps. Really - cliques and those who you may consider as "divas" or "mean" has nothing to do with this post. It shouldn't have even been said to be honest. You want to talk about negativity - you just pushed your assumptions right out there didn't you. For all we know, the people the OP has sent friend requests too might not be accepting those they don't know in RL, might not be looking for any more friends, may be wanting a message with FR and didn't get it...etc. There are a lot of other reasons than just people being "mean".

But anyways. BACK to the topic... OP - I would do like taunto suggested and maybe upload a funny pict or a goal pict, etc. See if that helps. And when you do your FRs - make sure to add a courtesy message with a hello and why you are adding...
  • shymom05
    shymom05 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    All i got to say is you have not been seeking the right kind of people. you need motivators and people that will help you stay on track. feel free to add me and i have many on my friends list that would love to help you on your way to your goal. i feel that you can eat what you want it is not my buisness. i will not critisize i may have a question once in a while but my goal is to be motivatede and help motivate others. we all have off days and can use a hefty dose of inspiration and thats what my friends and i do for eachother.
    ok so congrats on getting started at mfp and hope you dont let others get you down. God Bless. :wink:
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    imager.php?id=2906841&t=o[/URL]

Being angry and pi$$y to other members is no way to be.
    Try to enjoy your Journey. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I mean, having thousands of people with the same default blue profile pic gets confusing

This is the best reason I've seen to post a picture. No picture makes it harder for you to stick in people's minds because there is nothing in the picture to bind them there. I don't post pictures of myself, either.

It's obviously not a requirement, though. Good luck to you!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

Name names
  • currierand
    currierand Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    <
    Believe it or not, this is not an actual current picture of me, yet I have all the friends I need. Trust me OP, just post something.

And please know that people will turn down PAL requests for all sorts of reasons, including not having a picture uploaded.
  • eaturnermdt
    eaturnermdt Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have noticed people being rude both ways, both on and off this particular topic.

In all reality, we are all here to answer/ask questions, support, motivate, and become healthier versions of ourselves. The people here who have already lost weight and have been here a while have no business being rude to someone just because they're here. If they're being "know-it-alls", here's a thought: Don't talk to them! And the newbies have no business being rude to the older members without actions to base an opinion on, and if that opinion is in anyway negative, I say again: Don't talk to them!

Most people state on their profile what their "conditions" are for adding people. I personally don't have any conditions, I will almost always accept and if I find I don't like you or how you're doing things, then I'll delete.

We all need motivation and support here. The negativity can be extremely harmful to success... which is what we all want, right?
  • FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    imager.php?id=2906841&t=o[/URL]

Being angry and pi$$y to other members is no way to be.
    Try to enjoy your Journey. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I stopped believin' years ago.
    Boy I bet Steve Perry is pissed....
    :sad:
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I have sent friend requests and not had an acceptance. Yes some have and I appreciate the ones who have. But I have no idea how to do it and I really don't think it is that important. But my purpose of being here is to lose weight and this place does do that for me. And if I can help some one else that is even better. But I can't do it by myself and I don't get a lot of support at home and that is why I have reached out here for help. So if anyone wants to add me I would appreciate it. But I have no picture

Friend request sent.
  • KathyPBiles
    KathyPBiles Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I am a newbie - I don't know how to send friend requests, but if you send me one, I will gladly accept. We all need the support on our journey!