Eating 299 cals a day for a week and no weight loss...

Options
2»

Replies

• tigerblood78
    tigerblood78 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I think you need a juice cleanse.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Way to be disrespectful to those who are recovering/recovered from having an eating disorder. People like you make me want to go live on another planet.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    well, u need to eat more because your body is pissed! Get with it and eat the recommended calories and work out and things will change tard!
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Do we really need to flood the forums with these? Seriously.

But it's so funny!
    I will repeat:
    "Oh also, fun fact: Eating disorders are a serious thing, and joke threads about them are extremely distasteful and offensive."

I was a young adult with an ED - anorexia to be exact. I know I should be offended, but I have to laugh at my own stupidity for thinking that eating nothing for 48 hours & then eating a few pieces of lettuce and then nothing for 48 hours, etc, the cycle continues, was healthy as I was skinny...

I probably should be offended and find this distasteful, although I'm just trying not to choke as I'm laughing my *kitten* off right now as I chow down on dinner... :laugh:
  • talentjar
    Options
    My nine year old daughter was having behavioural issues. I took her to a psychologist. She started cutting up her body, saying she was the tallest and biggest girl in the class. She isn't obese, but the rest of the girls just happen to be boneracks. I spend countless hours trying to help her find clothing she feels comfortable in, that doesnt show too much of her leg or arms, while she works through these issues, so hopefully she doesn't turn into the girl who just posted she is eating 500 calories a day.

Do any of you guys remember highschool? I do. I was 145 pounds and 5"6 and told numerous times by guys I crushed on and other girls I was on the chunky side.
    WTF?!

The self-esteem of our young girls in the world has plummeted...I get that the poster tried to be funny and make light but as a mom to a pre-teen, its honestly really tough for these young girls today and its scary the things they do to themselves if not deemed as beautiful or perfect....
  • KristysLosing
    Options

But it's so funny!
    I will repeat:
    "Oh also, fun fact: Eating disorders are a serious thing, and joke threads about them are extremely distasteful and offensive."

I was a young adult with an ED - anorexia to be exact. I know I should be offended, but I have to laugh at my own stupidity for thinking that eating nothing for 48 hours & then eating a few pieces of lettuce and then nothing for 48 hours, etc, the cycle continues, was healthy as I was skinny...

I probably should be offended and find this distasteful, although I'm just trying not to choke as I'm laughing my *kitten* off right now as I chow down on dinner... :laugh:

I like your attitude! :flowerforyou:
  • karrieamandakeeps
    Options
    Way to be disrespectful to those who are recovering/recovered from having an eating disorder. People like you make me want to go live on another planet.
    Couldn't agree more.
  • darleyschroeder
    Options
    But it's so funny!

Only if you're an *kitten*.

I guess that I naturally am. Of course eating disorders are serious. I have recovered a couple times from ED's and it's a daily thing to keep from going back to it. I find myself in weeks of crappy thinking that brings me back. It's about making the best out of each day and making good choices.
    HOWEVER, I try to lighten up and have a sense of humor when some bloke says he's eating 299 calories and not losing. For crying out loud. I guess I am an A-hole for having a colorful sense of humor.
  • Heyyleigh
    Heyyleigh Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    PEOPLE ACTUALLY RESPOND!

IDIOCRAZY - IT KNOWS NO BOUNDS!
  • darleyschroeder
    Options

But it's so funny!
    I will repeat:

^^ Thank you!
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,149 MFP Staff
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to provide an explanation for locking this topic and remind folks of our community guidelines. I also want to thank all of the responders who provided support and appropriate advice to the OP.
    From our Community Guidelines:

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders

a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote or glamorize dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.
    c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.
    d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal.

Respectfully,
    Olivia
    MFP Staff
This discussion has been closed.