What's your favorite veggie?

Options

Replies

• sbowl
    sbowl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    For snacking, raw carrot and celery sticks sprinkled with lime juice! I just tried this yesterday and it's tasty!
  • MissJanet55
    MissJanet55 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I've become a lover of kale, cooked or raw in a salad with dried cranberries and slivered almonds. But I have yet to find a vegetable that doesn't taste absolutely delicious tossed in a little olive oil and salt and pepper and roasted in the oven for half an hour.
  • mairinosteen
    mairinosteen Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I like lots of veggies, my favorite way of cooking veggies (particularly root veggies) is:

1. Preheat the oven to 375*
    2. Cut the veggies into roughly equal sizes
    3. Place on baking sheet
    4. Season with Herbs De Provence
    5. Drizzle with olive oil
    6. Mix together to coat the veggies with the herbs and olive oil
    7. Stick them in the oven and cook until your desired consistency (I like them browned on the outside and smooth on the inside)
  • phyllisbobbitt
    phyllisbobbitt Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: yellow squash sliced thin with sliced white onion. put in hot skillet with some olive oil & salt /pepper. cook until browned. yummy good!
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    roasted cauliflower with garlic and a little parmesan. or even....a little bacon. SO good!
  • cfregon
    cfregon Posts: 147
    Options
    Yellow squash slices sauteed with onion garlic and mushrooms, add slivered almonds and low fat blue cheese crumbles. Mmm

Homemade sweet potato fries, bakes and dipped in honey mustard.

Cauliflower mash with some parmesan, garlic, and a touch of butter.

Try wonton wraps filled with some shredded cheese and steamed broccoli.

I get super creative with my veggies- since I eat so much of them, I never want to get bored with them!
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    brussel sprouts, roasted in olive oil and salt & pepper...yummmmmmmmm and sometimes cajun seasoning yummmmmmmmmmm
  • mrswaite08
    mrswaite08 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Steamed broccoli! A little bit of salt & it's perfect!
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    Roast Parsnip!

YES!

this tooooo!!!!
  • frecklegrrl
    Options
    steamed broccoli with garlic salt! it's really delicious.
    However, I am a sucker for most veggies. The only one I can't really get into is celery.
  • alexbusnello
    alexbusnello Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Broccoli, Brussels sprouts, carrots, mushrooms, onions, green beans, snow peas, soy beans, Lima beans, baked brown beans, spinach and a few more that I can't think of. lol
  • alexbusnello
    Options
    However, I am a sucker for most veggies. The only one I can't really get into is celery.

I HATE celery lol
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options

I recently just got back into celery. It's sort of a pointless piece of food, tastewise, right? But it serves really well as a hummus delivery system. So I've been eating a lot of celery nd hummus lately.
  • rbjd2004
    Options
    I love all veggies - steamed, grilled, boiled - whatever works.

Lately I have loved roasted bell peppers. Lately I've been baking them, then once they're charred you can pull them from the oven, stick them in a container and seal it for 15 minutes or so. Let the steam loosen up the skin. Remove the skin, and voila! I usually have it with chicken, spinach, tomatoes, olive oil and pepper. Yum!
  • taylorwaylor
    taylorwaylor Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Sweat peas!!!! I just have them steamed... Also, steamed brocolli and cauliflower are good... and steamed carrots!! You could put spinach on your sandwhiches instead of lettuce... And i even blend them into my protein shakes! Can't even taste the spinach but you still get the nutrients! :)
  • belizsera
    belizsera Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Broccoli and spinach. I like to eat broccoli for a snack like chips. Love the crunch. I eat spinach because I like the taste and its better than lettuce which i dont like.
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    spinach
    poblano peppers
    sweet potato
    Anaheim peppers
    broccoli
    jalapeno peppers
    tomato
    bell pepper (all colors)
    mushrooms
  • DeMimiaf
    DeMimiaf Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    1- squash casserole
    2- brussel sprouts (steamed)
    3- spinach in smoothies, frittatas, salads!
  • sbrchick
    Options
    broccoli, tomato, avocado, baby spinach - love them just as they are and especially in a big salad!
  • alexbusnello
    Options
    OH, and Rutabaga!