Replies

• jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    beef jerky
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    sugar free jello with FF cool whip is a good one or 8 almonds. Almond milk with protein powder is good too.
  • Flowers4Julia
    Flowers4Julia Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Helllloooooo!

BACON!
  • pickledplatypus
    Options
    My thoughts exactly - very picky eater. Instead, you could manage your calories better throughout the day. Since you know you will probably want a snack near the end of the day, save those calories and then eat a higher carb snack. Though, honestly, I think if you were truly hungry (rather than just in the habit of munching in the evening), then more of these things would sound ok.
  • kittycatkay
    kittycatkay Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    roasted seaweed packets, greek 100 yogurts by yoplait, no sugar added, lowfat frozen yogurt, beef jerky, special k cracker chips (27 chips only 110 calories), ham, basically any meat, most berries such as blackberries, pickled ginger, pickles, most cheeses, a half of some type of granola/protein bar, ricotta cheese is awesome, dried fruit, broth based soups etc.
  • MLT314
    MLT314 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • rbjd2004
    Options
    Beef jerky!
  • miracle4me
    miracle4me Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I am watching my carbs and it was snack time so I am eating smoked salmon with celery and cream cheese. Smoked salmon
    is high in protein and protein keeps your appetite satisfied.

I also eat a little hummus with carrots but you said you do not like raw vegetables. I hope you are eating plenty of fiber because low carb has a way of binding you up if you do not.
  • CarlyRobbinsGilbert
    Options
    Try making the cheese crisps. Get a bag of shredded cheese (doesn't really matter what kind) and put down a sheet of parchment paper (necessary) on a cookie sheet. Make little piles of shredded cheese as if you were making cookies, and bake for 8-10 minutes at 350. They're awesome.
  • hatethegame
    hatethegame Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    bump
  • aliciapenny
    aliciapenny Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    1/4 cup of nuts or whatever does absolutely nothing for me. I don't see a point in eating those calories and fat - when it isn't going to satisfy me at all - I'd feel like I never ate them.

Nuts are not at all filling but I eat them for fat intake. Fats are needed for hormonal balance and fats do not make you fat so there is no harm. I just usually eat them earlier in the day when I am not trying to feel full but still need the fat intake. At night I need to be full so I sleep.
  • zeegee2
    zeegee2 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,974 Member
    Options
    My idea of the mini Baby Bel cheese was already on the list but I'll put in a second vote for it.
  • knowwhentoshutup
    knowwhentoshutup Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    [Non-fat vanilla chobani has 13g of sugar. Apple Cinnamon Chobani with fruit on the bottom has 19g of sugar. I don't consider that a huge difference. ]

plain, not flavored. 1/2 cup of plain ff fage greek yogurt only has 4.5 cabs
    Ok, I'd rather eat cardboard or styrofoam than plain yogurt. I just made the switch from the fruit yogurt to the vanilla and I can barely stomach the taste of it. Is there any way to give the plain a better taste? because to me personally it is absolutely disgusting, even with things added to it.

I don't care for it plain either, but mix in your own fresh fruit and/or splenda. My lowest carb option is missing 1/2 cup 0% Plain Fage (which I like better than Chobani) and a 1/4 cup of sugarfree maple syrup. Tastes like caramel and is great mixed with peaches frozen and eaten like ice cream.

Also, check out skinnytaste.com, she has a ton of recipes for dip that you make with plain greek yogurt, both sweet and savory (my family loves her cilantro lime and ranch - great with chicken breast, shrimp or tuna, too.)
  • kittycatkay
    kittycatkay Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    [Non-fat vanilla chobani has 13g of sugar. Apple Cinnamon Chobani with fruit on the bottom has 19g of sugar. I don't consider that a huge difference. ]

plain, not flavored. 1/2 cup of plain ff fage greek yogurt only has 4.5 cabs
    Ok, I'd rather eat cardboard or styrofoam than plain yogurt. I just made the switch from the fruit yogurt to the vanilla and I can barely stomach the taste of it. Is there any way to give the plain a better taste? because to me personally it is absolutely disgusting, even with things added to it.

I don't care for it plain either, but mix in your own fresh fruit and/or splenda. My lowest carb option is missing 1/2 0% Plain Fage (which I like better than Chobani) and a 1/4 cup of sugarfree maple syrup. Tastes like caramel and is great mixed with peaches frozen and eaten like ice cream.
    mix in some dried fruit! dried cinnamon apples are my favorite :) or you can try fresh fruit also!!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    What about seafood? Octopus is very high in protean.

nomnomnom.gif
  • supergirljen
    Options
    EWW!
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Bacon wrapped asparagus.
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who actually suggested some ideas.. saying I'm a picky eater is not an answer.
    I just don't like many of the things mentioned here - like seaweed packets? Beef jerky, smoked salmon. Those are just things I don't like. Everybody has their tastes, and unfortunately I don't like raw veggies. but there are plenty of things that I do like. I guess they just aren't lower in carbs. If I loved a ton of foods that were good for me, I probably wouldn't be here right now trying to lose 44 pounds.

Also, I'm not on the wrong diet just because I want to be satisfied when I eat something - I don't just eat things for the calories. I eat things because A) I like them and B) they satisfy my hunger or craving. As long as I keep within my macros, it is fine. But I'm not going to eat A) things I don't like or B) tiny quantities of things just to meet my numbers. I'd rather not eat those things at all. Hope that makes sense and thanks for the suggestions.

I may try the Fage yogurt instead of the plain Chobani. Greek yogurt is definitely an acquired taste along with many other suggestions in this thread.