where do you hide your scale?

Options
I have an issue with weighing every day.. it's an addiction, really. I want to get down to once a month. If you're one of the people I've seen on the boards that talk about hiding your scale from yourself, LOL.. where do you put it? Bathroom closet is too easy for me to get to. I was thinking... garage?

Replies

• daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    The back trunk of my car
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    My hubby put it so high up in a closet and I cannot get to it even with my step stool...I know, sad. I am finally adjusting to weighing once a month, but I do think about weighing way more often than that.
  • Webbygail
    Webbygail Posts: 116
    Options
    I weigh once a month, but I keep the scale near the fridge to remind myself not to binge eat.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    somewhere the cops won't find it.
  • funsiiz
    funsiiz Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    :laugh: It's hiding right out in the open ...we are obsessed with weighing every darn day:blushing:
  • babyblooz
    babyblooz Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I've considered asking my husband to take it to work with him. MUST. STOP. WEIGHING!!! :frown:
  • Serrulata
    Options
    I don't have a scale, scales are for drug dealers. If I weigh in I do it at school, but I prefer to use the bio-electrical impedance device that can tell me my fat% and measure inches. A scale wont tell you if you gained/lost muscle or fat
  • norrishbex
    norrishbex Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I got my OH to hide ours. We only have a small house, but I'll be stuffed if I can find the stupid thing!
  • rbjd2004
    Options
    Mine is "hiding" in a nook in the bathroom.
  • eaturnermdt
    eaturnermdt Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I don't hide mine.. I sneak a weigh every day, but so far it hasn't caused issues. If it does start causing me to get off track rather than motivated I'll put it in a time out in our building and make hubby keep both keys. :)
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Right in the bathroom where I see it every day and several times a day. But I do keep the measuring tape hidden because it is not my friend. I know it should.be the other way around buy it works for me.

I weight myself almost daily but the fluctuations don't bother me. I am on maintenance, I know what my weight is or should be.
  • jenbear1973
    Options
    Since last year, my scale has been slid under a portable storage rack in my bathroom. While I was doing WWOnline last year, I weighed myself every week, in the morning, after using the toilet naked, and before I ate breakfast. I made a promise to myself to not weigh in everyday, and only once a week. Once a month is too little if you have weight to lose, but might be good for people who have achieved their goal .
  • MaggieSporleder
    MaggieSporleder Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Mines right by the TV in the livingroom. It's the only good level place I could find, (We live in an old house the floors are a little wonky) I really do need to hide it tho, I think. I'm quickly becoming obsessed with that little thing.
  • PORTJL
    PORTJL Posts: 17
    Options
    The ones I actually use are at my dads which is about 5 mins away, I don't think he'd appreciate me popping round so frequently to use them! Currently I do it once a week though, really helps not having them here and will continue to not get any because of this.
  • ksemien
    ksemien Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Mine pretty much stays in plain sight on the kitchen floor. I weigh about once a week or week and a half.
  • zniwburd22
    Options
    I use it everyday! only when im not home i dont use it. because i dont trust other peoples scales lol. Its like my best friend somedays and mortal enemy the next, I can't help myself! although sometimes it backfires because you get used to seeing the high numbers. :/
  • rosiereally2
    rosiereally2 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I weigh almost daily. It was avoiding the scale that got me into trouble. Frequent weighing keeps me accountable. But if it's causing you agita, stashing it is a great idea!
  • waff23
    waff23 Posts: 4
    Options
    i just don't own one! there's one in the locker room at work. i get over to that area about once every other week, so...perfect!
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    The back trunk of my car

^^^ This ;-)
  • a_certain_shade_of_green
    Options
    i weigh myself every day. i dont mind if i see a bigger number than expected - it just gives me an excuse to go for that run i put off yesterday

edit - spelling :blushing: