vegetarian trying to gain weight - looking for friends

Options
I need to gain weight! about 15 lbs. I set my profile up to gain 1 lb/wk and it say to eat around 1800 calories. Anyone in the same boat? I love eating clean and I am pretty close to vegan but I am not going to even think about the vegan transition until I'm at a healthy weight. Any vegans/vegetarians that can/are willing to help me/look at my diary/etc should add me or message me!

I have already been adding a lot of nuts/seeds/nut butter and I am going to try to make a protein smoothie every morning. I never was too into carbs but I am also adding more breads/rice/pasta. I just want to know I'm on the right track.

Replies

• thefewsteps
    thefewsteps Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    anyone willing to look at my diary?
  • mrsjuly20
    Options
    Hi I'm also trying to gain weight. I'm currently 107 lbs but my goal is to be 120 lbs by this summer! I have been considering trying a vegetarian diet just to be more healthy but not sure if ill be able to still gain weight if I do that. What do you eat to gain weight as a vegetarian?
  • thefewsteps
    Options
    right now i'm eating more in general. like 5 meals, bigger than i used to eat. i usually do at least 1 protein shake/smoothie per day.

beans, soy beans/mukimame/soy nuts, tofu, texturized veg protein, greek yogurt, eggs, nuts, nut butter, rice, pasta, breads, potatoes, adding in seeds like flax/chia/sesame/sunflower, nutritional yeast, etc
  • markdisiena1
    Options
    I am also trying to gain weight I am 5'7 145lbs male I am too thin I eat 2600 calories a day, from eating clean?
  • _jkr
    _jkr Posts: 24
    Options
    My brother's trying to gain weight, too. Weird 'cause his nutritionist suggested he eat around 2-3000 Calories a day.
  • thefewsteps
    Options
    yikes. well i'm just starting so i will see how 1800 does for me. I'm probably smaller than your brother (and i'm a female).