depressed....

Options
Was debating posting or not but I guess I could use some support?

I'm trying really hard to lose weight. I feel so horrible about myself. Like I feel just ugly. And recently I went through a pretty bad breakup so it just seems worse. Today I stayed home sick (something is going around here) and I just woke up and ate two huge 200cal muffins. I was just sad and wanted to eat! Of course being sick didn't help me keep those down, but still.

Any advice?

I'm not like...depressed where the world is going to end but it's just breakup and being fat sadness I suppose! Sorry for venting/ranting.

Replies

• acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I hope you get to feeling better. It's easy to feel melancholy in the winter, especially when sick.:flowerforyou:
  • susannahsutton1
    Options
    I suffer massively from depression in the winter months. You need to get outside even if it is just one walk round the block in the middle of the day and then crawl back into bed. Also, get nice soft fruit for the fridge when you are well enough to go shopping. Grapes and bananas are great for curbing a sweet tooth and they have vitamins in to make you feel better!

Get well soon xxx
  • polarexpress79
    Options
    Sometimes what we see as the end of the world is actuallya blessing that we just cant see. I went through a divorce several years ago and thought my world was over. I lost a ton of weight and just wanted the whole world to disappear. But, God had other plans. I am remarried and we have been together almost 8 years. I would never meet this wonderful person if I stayed in the mess I was in. Take this time to rediscover who you are. Perhaps, take up a new hobby? The fact you are on this site is a great step in the right direction. We can encourage each other! Just focus on getting through one day at a time. The days will get easier!
  • EirinnWinn
    EirinnWinn Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    thank you everyone :)
  • onehecticmom
    onehecticmom Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    We all feel that way from time to time I'm sure. I agree with polarexpress above. There is always a silver lining even if we can't see it right away. At least now you can focus all your energy into YOU and the next time you see your ex you will be smokin :o)
  • Guinevere117
    Guinevere117 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    For every bad thing that happens in your life, there is always ALWAYS a great thing that is simply waiting to be discovered or created. Sometimes you have to put a little effort in to make this great thing occur or simply uncover the positive in things that we normally do not notice. Think of prospect of losing weight as that great thing, and stay focused on it.
    Just remember that no matter how alone and sad you may feel, you are never ever alone! There are many people that cheer you on, even if those people are 1000s of miles away and encourage you here on the internet.
    Don't lose sight of your goals and never give up! The effort you put in today will definitely reward you tomorrow, and may even help to motivate someone just like you in the future!
    :flowerforyou:
  • 1smemae94
    1smemae94 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    1. You are not ugly. You are a beautiful individual who deserves the world. Okay? The world, and nothing less.
    2. Breakups are never fun and you probably don't want to hear it but, it may have been for the best. Your life will become better for this person not being in your life. There's a method to the madness.
    3. Maybe some sunshine would help. Go outside for a little bit. The fresh air might make you feel better and be a little bit happier.
    4. Smile. Your life will get better :)