I teared up in Dress Barn...

Options

Replies

• LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Happy for ya!! Tears of joy!! What a great NSV!! And sending well-wishes for the rest of your journey.
  • Phoenixchichima
    Options
    fantastic! great work & great results. I'm glad you are happy & now even MORE motivated
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    How nice
  • randilynn113
    randilynn113 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Great job - awesome results!! Keep up the great work!
  • my_girl_friday
    my_girl_friday Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on such a great accomplishment :)
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Whew.. so glad this is a happy thread... Congratulations! I once teared up at Lane Bryant. I was shopping for a holiday party and I couldn't find anything big enough for me.. AT LANE BRYANT!!!!!!! (this was before they started carrying size 30/32 anywhere) I was 360 pounds at the time. Now I'm 53 pounds lighter and am in a comfortable 24... When I go in there and the smallest size is too big for me, I'll be shedding some tears again. CAN'T wait for that day!
  • LennyInFlorida
    Options
    Terrific job, goals!
  • alicat084
    Options
    So inspiring...thanks for sharing!
  • dont_give_up
    dont_give_up Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! Keep up the good work!!:drinker:
  • lwright311
    lwright311 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome! I had a similar experience at Sears. I used to wear a 14 and they were tight so I started trying on 12s... too big. Then 10 ...and they fit ok but a little loose. When I put on an 8, I couldnt stop smiling. They are a little snug but I know I will get there. I havent worn an 8 since college.
  • candra88
    Options
    That's great that you have lost all the dress sizes! What I'm not understanding is how can you still weigh 215 and be in a size 12??? I don't mean to sound critical, but please explain. I'm 199 lbs and 3 inches taller than you and in size 16. Was it a typo on the 215???
  • marathon_mama
    marathon_mama Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    great job OP. congrats on your hard work..

now you don't have to shop in Dress Barn :wink:
    Now that you can wear them, i heartily recommend Express jean. they are pretty affordable and the fit is way less "mom jean" style that you'd get at the larger stores. which is unfortunate because no one should be forced to wear mom jeans, no matter what their size is. in fact i think that's written somewhere in the declaration of independence

I was thinking the same thing. What in the world is " Dress Barn"?
  • rgohm
    rgohm Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    congratulations! :bigsmile:
  • LuckBeWithU
    LuckBeWithU Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Wonderful news for you!!!!!

I'm that now, so that gives me a light at the end of my tunnel...:smile:
  • Frugalcountrymom
    Frugalcountrymom Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Love the dress barn too, can't wait to go down dress sizes too!
  • marathon_mama
    marathon_mama Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Whew.. so glad this is a happy thread... Congratulations! I once teared up at Lane Bryant. I was shopping for a holiday party and I couldn't find anything big enough for me.. AT LANE BRYANT!!!!!!! (this was before they started carrying size 30/32 anywhere) I was 360 pounds at the time. Now I'm 53 pounds lighter and am in a comfortable 24... When I go in there and the smallest size is too big for me, I'll be shedding some tears again. CAN'T wait for that day!

Wow! Good for you! That's a fantastic goal too.
  • QMHayden
    QMHayden Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Yay for tears-happy tears! Congrats, I know that is such a wonderful feeling!
  • troys1981
    troys1981 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Good job....u look great!
  • ChunkiChica
    Options
    That's great that you have lost all the dress sizes! What I'm not understanding is how can you still weigh 215 and be in a size 12??? I don't mean to sound critical, but please explain. I'm 199 lbs and 3 inches taller than you and in size 16. Was it a typo on the 215???

candra88,

No typo - I really weight 219lbs, and I am really comfortably wearing a size 12 (I wore them all day today, much to my delight!). It's quite possible that, due to vanity sizing, the size 12 jeans that I bought (I bought two pairs from two different companies) are not the same size 12 pants that you're eyeing. I don't know where you shop, but I know that a lot of moms shop at Dress Barn (hence the previous comment about "mom jeans"). Also, Dress Barn is American-I think European sizes are different. Everyone is different. You may have larger legs BECAUSE you are taller. But I'm no expert.

I do have a theory about my heavy weight, though. Over the years, I've consistently been told that I look smaller than I am. When I did collegiate varsity horseback riding, I could max out the adductor/abductor machines at over 200 lbs. I was not consistently working out, I was dragged to the gym by my teammates and dared a couple times. I am naturally very strong, and build muscle VERY quickly. I think part of my weight may be due to muscle mass...and my massive sisters in the front half (they just dropped from a 40F to 40E, and I'm ecstatic). The riding also gave me "rider's legs" which may be another factor for the small jeans size. Who knows?
  • ChunkiChica
    Options
    great job OP. congrats on your hard work..

now you don't have to shop in Dress Barn :wink:
    Now that you can wear them, i heartily recommend Express jean. they are pretty affordable and the fit is way less "mom jean" style that you'd get at the larger stores. which is unfortunate because no one should be forced to wear mom jeans, no matter what their size is. in fact i think that's written somewhere in the declaration of independence

I was thinking the same thing. What in the world is " Dress Barn"?

It's an American clothing store! You can Google them for more info.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!