Working towards bariatric surgery...

Options
Hey folks! I'm working towards getting vertical gastric sleeve (VGS) surgery for weight-loss. I'm 3 months into a 6 month documented diet and have lost 126lbs thanks to the help from My Fitness Pal's awesome database/food diary!! Are there any other pre-op or post-op users here that wanna link up and share war stories and motivation? Don't log in online (I use the app for iPhone) much so if you want, hit me up at my email: ryan_bartosek@yahoo.com

Look forward to new friends!

Replies

• Lauriecz
    Lauriecz Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    hello. I just had my sleeve on 12/28/12. I would be more then happy sharing stories with you. great job at your weight loss so far.
  • caitlyn30
    caitlyn30 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    im curious about something,hope you don't mind me asking- but if you were able to lose that much weight with my fitness, why would you still want surgery ? isnt this the easy way, and surgery the hard way?
  • Rosytakesoff
    Options
    Hiya. I had RnY on 9/12/11 and I've lost 130 pounds so far. I'll warn you though that there is a lot of anti WLS bias on this site. I rarely post on the boards because of it. I confine myself to my MFP friends and ObesityHelp.

But anyway, welcome and good luck.

Katie