Foods that noticeably clear complexion

Options
13»

Replies

• RambyPandy
    RambyPandy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    For me, drinking lots of water and cutting back on sugar helps!
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    After I started drinking green smoothies mine got so much better! I have rosacea so I know about blotchy. ;) My green smoothies aren't any commercial mix so I'm not trying to sell you anything. They're just a couple of cups of greens (spinach, kale, cabbage, romaine, other lettuce, beet greens, mustard greens, etc. There are tons to choose from!) and a fruit or two all blended up with some ice and maybe a little water if I need it thinner. Sometimes I'll add yogurt, protein powder, nuts, seeds or whatever sounds good if I need more of a meal. The smoothies have been amazing for my fibromyalgia and energy levels too so it's not just about looking good.

My 18 yo daughter was having some health issues so we tried some food eliminations. The first one we did was dairy but taking it out had no effect. When we added it back in she still noticed no difference so for her anyway that wasn't it. (My friend though can't drink any milk products or she breaks out terribly. ) When we went gluten free to see if that helped my daughter it was a magical thing! Not only did her skin clear up but the dark circles under her eyes went away, her skin took on a healthy glow (as opposed to the pasty gray look she had going before) she wasn't so fatigued and her personality was even different! She went from hiding in her room and being surly to anyone who talked to her to a cheerful, funny, witty girl who enjoys a bit of social interaction.

LSS: lots of fruits, vegetables and water help me, cutting dairy helps my friend and cutting gluten helps my daughter.
  • diana109
    diana109 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    For me it was eating better and drinking more water.
  • Ginn123
    Ginn123 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Apple cider vinegar tends to give a healthy glow. It's also good for you internally as well. 2 tsp mixed in 8 oz of water taken once or twice daily can help. You can add in a spoon of honey for flavor. You can also put one part apple cider vinegar into 2 parts of water into a spray bottle and spray it on your face in the morning after cleansing it. I prefer taking it internally for health benefits and within weeks you'll notice a glow on your face.
  • kannd86
    kannd86 Posts: 42
    Options
    I think it has more to do with what you're NOT eating rather than adding foods which might help clear complexion. Avoiding processed foods will probably make a huge difference. Also, I recommend the oil cleansing method (Google it) for washing your face. It works really well, it's cheaper than store-bought face wash and has no nasty chemicals.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I have tried the cinnamon and honey, but not as a spot treatment, as a mask.
    Exfoliates, antibacterial, and I smell great after lol.
  • ebonyrose316266
    ebonyrose316266 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am doing the Eat To Live plan and my skin is clearer and brighter and so are my eyes.
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    This article about the Eat to Live "diet" and how it helps your skin was interesting. http://www.diseaseproof.com/archives/cat-acne.html Wish I would have learned to eat this way decades ago. I used to have terrible acne until I was 35. Then it magically stopped.
  • Fr3shStrt
    Fr3shStrt Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere that carrots were good for this SO I tried it and I think it actually worked. So now I try to eat carrots every day. I'll try anything... almost.

Not sure about drinking apple cider vinegar - how does it taste, I'm afraid it would make me vomit.
  • juiceplusbecky
    juiceplusbecky Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have noticed a difference since taking a tsp in a glass of water before bedtime. This has not been an overnight miracle, but I have noticed over the past several months it getting better.
  • juiceplusbecky
    juiceplusbecky Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Sorry, left out 1 tsp of Apple Cider Vinegar . . . typing fasting than I am thinking :-0
  • bradhat78
    bradhat78 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    take a zinc supplement for a few months.. it aides in inflammation and wound healing. there are several types of zinc and some do not absorb well. zinc gluconate, zinc citrate, zinc picolinate, zinc acetate and zinc monomethionine are good ones. I also have read several places that zinc should not be takin with calcium bc this will also block absorption.