Are you cold? (Weight loss)

Options
GlitterGoldJem
GlitterGoldJem Posts: 73 Member
Who else freezes now that they've lost weight? The past 30 lbs that I've lost (60+ overall) must have been my fat insulation cuz I'm freakin freezing all the time anymore. LOL I was never your typical overweight-always-hot person but now most nights I'm comfy in thick socks, yoga pants and a hoodie! LOL

Replies

• Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    ok, this is an old topic, but I did a search to see if anyone else had this problem! My husband used to be cold and I used to sweat at night. Now, my feet are colder than his! I have been FREEZING for the past 2 months like crazy!!
  • kdz526
    kdz526 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Yeah, i am going through that right now. almost 30 down, and i get cold easily. I am a weirdo that my temp rises at night while i sleep, so least i don't have to fight the man for the covers. I used to never get cold, but i read that when your eating at a deficit, somehow your not expending that extra caloric energy to make heat? I should look more into that.
  • mlclarke22
    mlclarke22 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    ha ha...all the time..hubby said its cause im losing my winter coat...
  • cdpark617
    cdpark617 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Yes, I keep forgetting my jacket because I never had to wear one.
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem. I am always freezing!
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    Threre's a reason I don't nair my upper body anymore.

Yes, but not as bad I used to be.
  • kdz526
    kdz526 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I think I also remember reading that once you get to your body stabilizes at a weight after a bit your core temp will stabalize again and you'll burn extra calories to heat yourself up again. Just one more thing to look forward to :)
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Yes!
  • pmcovert415
    pmcovert415 Posts: 1,472
    Options
    Threre's a reason I don't nair my upper body anymore.

Yes, but not as bad I used to be.

LOL...that hair is not so bad now...huh?
  • pmcovert415
    pmcovert415 Posts: 1,472
    Options
    I have this problem too ...as I head to bed in fuzzy sleep pants, socks & a hoodie
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I definitely do not tolerate cold as well as I did before I lost weight. I've taken to wearing running tights and/or yoga pants under jeans, maybe two pairs of socks, and two or three shirts when I am in a chilly environment. Then there's also the light jacket and the coat over that for outdoors!
  • Brandnewme150
    Brandnewme150 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Yep freezing all the time.
  • garciabnm
    garciabnm Posts: 138
    Options
    im freezing all the time...
  • KevinLamb77
    Options
    OH Hell yeah. 108 down and can't freaking wait for the warm temps to come back. Hoodie weather has now become coat weather for sure.
  • TXtstorm
    TXtstorm Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Yep! I have always tended to feel warmer than others around me any time of year, even when I was only modestly overweight. I started MFP in mid-July. Dropped more than 50 pounds before Christmas. And once it got truly winter cold around here I have just not been warm much at all. Many times I'm uncomfortably chilly. I even sometimes have trouble sleeping because I'm too cold. My husband said the other day, "How to tell D is losing weight... she's constantly complaining of the cold!" I can't get over the difference in my temperature tolerances. I'll be interested to see in the summer if I tolerate heat better.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I'm either freezing or hot as all hell. Can never win. :grumble:
  • DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Yes, i have this.. Never used to get THIS cold... Brrrr. . ❄❄❄Also never knew how hard surfaces are on the reqr end now that i have lost some cushioning back there... Ouch! ????
  • pianolover2012
    pianolover2012 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Yeah, i am going through that right now. almost 30 down, and i get cold easily. I am a weirdo that my temp rises at night while i sleep, so least i don't have to fight the man for the covers. I used to never get cold, but i read that when your eating at a deficit, somehow your not expending that extra caloric energy to make heat? I should look more into that.

That is an interesting topic. Might have to research that myself!
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Since starting strength training I'm not so cold anymore.
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I've been very cold since summer ended.

Interestingly I ate a few hundred extra calories a day over the Christmas break and noticed that I stopped feeling so cold all the time. I'm now back on the deficit and the chills are back.

I dress in layers now.