Which to go by?

Options
If something is in the database has one number of calories but you look at the restaurants page and it says a different number which would you go by?

Replies

• Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    The higher one
  • philch4v13
    philch4v13 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Lol that wasn't what I wanted to hear! It is a 110 calorie difference :(
  • JO4IT
    JO4IT Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I think I'd use the restaurant's number. Since database entries are done "Wiki" style, so it's possible that it is incorrect.

Jo
  • stanluoser
    Options
    Restaurant one. Even though it is a rough estimate, but restaurant one probably higher than the database. lol
  • philch4v13
    Options
    Actually its the database that's higher:laugh: and i mean I really am not struggling to stay under my calorie intake was just curious really at what everyone else would go by
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Restaurants almost always underestimate their calories. Wouldn't you?
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    What restaurant and what item are we talking about, here?
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    If something is in the database has one number of calories but you look at the restaurants page and it says a different number which would you go by?

Go by the website. Menus/recipes change at restaurants. Their website is going to be the correct one rather than the database.
  • philch4v13
    Options
    Steak n Shake Fried chicken salad with Honey Mustard is what it is according to database it is 844 calories but according to the steak n shake website it is 710 Calories
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Steak n Shake Fried chicken salad with Honey Mustard is what it is according to database it is 844 calories but according to the steak n shake website it is 710 Calories

that's 1000 calories if it's a single calorie. but eat it. a few extra calories never killed anyone. if that''s what i wanted on the menu I'd eat it in a heartbeat