New Trainers giving me pins and needles

Options
I went to the gym for the first time in them yesterday and was on the treadmill for 20 minutes and then did insanity for an hour. I could kind of feel the pins and needles when i was running but it properly kicked in during insanity I guess because you move your feet into more positions. I can't remember if my last pair gave me pins an needles to start with, they may have done! So advice, shall I try them again and see if I can stretch them out/get my feet used to them? Or shall I get some different ones?

cheers guys!

Replies

• Reptileszz
    Reptileszz Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Something is wrong. I would take them back. New shoes should not require a break in period. They should fit right and work correctly right away.
  • martinh78
    martinh78 Posts: 601
    Options
    Daft question maybe, but did you have them tied a bit too tightly?
  • Poods71
    Poods71 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I had exactly the same problem with my old trainers, not only did I get pins and needles but my foot would eventually go completely numb and I would have to stop and wiggle it about for a while. So I went out and bought a swanky pair of running trainers from a shop that measures you checks your feet and everything and when I used them to do a 5k I ended up with pins in needles in both feet and eventually both feet went completely numb.

Still don't know to this day why it happens but would be curious to see if anyone else on here has the answer.

Sorry I couldn't be of any help.
  • martinh78
    martinh78 Posts: 601
    Options
    Should have said, my new trainers gave me pins and needles/numbness when just standing for any length of time. Found that they had three lace holes to choose from at the top. I tried using the higher one and missing out the middle one and they don't feel any looser but sorted the problem.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Yes, I think they're too tight. Try re-lacing them.
  • LessFatMoreMuscle
    Options
    Thank you! I will try and re-lace I do have pretty wide feet but there nike which cater for that, if that doesn't work I will sell these ones and get new ones1